+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduation Work Permit

Jayd13

Dec 8, 2016
Hi All,
I need some suggestion from the experts.I have completed my post graduation diploma and now planning to take work permit from Niagara, as they will give work permit on the same day. My passport is going to be expire on Sep 2019, I asked to my college admins and friends, they told me that i will get my work permit till sep 2019 due to my passport validity. what should i do now?
Should i go to the consulate of India and ask them to process my request of renewal on urgent basis?
or, take work permit first and then apply for my new passport and then re-apply for my work permit as i have done 2 year diploma, i suppose to receive 3 year work permit.
Urgent replies would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.. :)

winev

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
Hi All,
I need some suggestion from the experts.I have completed my post graduation diploma and now planning to take work permit from Niagara, as they will give work permit on the same day. My passport is going to be expire on Sep 2019, I asked to my college admins and friends, they told me that i will get my work permit till sep 2019 due to my passport validity. what should i do now?
Should i go to the consulate of India and ask them to process my request of renewal on urgent basis?
or, take work permit first and then apply for my new passport and then re-apply for my work permit as i have done 2 year diploma, i suppose to receive 3 year work permit.
Urgent replies would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.. :)
Hi Jayd13,
I would suggest renewing your passport first because the immigration officer from the border will issue your work permit based on its validity. If you applied October or November 2018 and your passport expires September 2019, they will only issue you September 2019. That's a month or two months lost.

Doing the work permit and then doing the passport is too much hassle. Maybe laws will change later on, right? And you might not be able to fully maximize the three years PGWP.

Jayd13

Dec 8, 2016
Thank you so much for reply.
I applied for my new passport. Once i get my passport, i am planning to go to Niagara and take my work permit on the same day