+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) current actual processing time in Canada

karykuan

Nov 6, 2012
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am crossing fingers for receiving mine this week... I applied online at Waterloo on 21st... Congratulation to all your friends!

mdd2011

Dec 10, 2011
karykuan said:
I am crossing fingers for receiving mine this week... I applied online at Waterloo on 21st... Congratulation to all your friends!
karykuan,

Do keep us posted.

M

karykuan

Nov 6, 2012
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good news everyone, I just called the CIC number 1-888-242-2100 followed by 1 english,2 currently have processing application, 8 work permit, client ID number and birthyear. The return automatic reponse said my application is received on XXX and approved on Nov 8, 2012. God bless me! You can all check your status via this number, if your current application is not yet processed they will return your the date of the most recent approved application. GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!

karykuan

Nov 6, 2012
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes feng, you should probably receive it at the end of next week or early Monday the following week.

mdd2011

Dec 10, 2011
Hi karykuan,

Congrats on your success! It must be a great relief!

I have called CIC, but being a first time applicant, I do not have a Client ID. Guess I have to wait till morning to speak with an agent and verify my application status.

Thanks for letting know.

karykuan

Nov 6, 2012
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually your client ID is a universal ID, it's the same one listed on your study permit, I assume if you apply for PGWP you should at least had a study permit sometime before. You can try that ID as your client ID. good luck~~

adamxiaosha

Nov 7, 2012
My application submitted on Sep 25th is approved on Nov 9th. So that is one month advance from what's on the website. Don't be frustrated. Anyone get any idea how long does it take to mail it to destination? I know it is snail mail. Will one week be enough? I am in Toronto.

mdd2011

Dec 10, 2011
Hi,

I called CIC today (twice just to ensure the didn't give wrong info) to check my status. They have not yet opened my file and kept insisting that I had to wait 2 to 3 more weeks.

I am waiting since Sep 18.

I wish all the best to everyone and congrats to ones who got theirs already.

karykuan

Nov 6, 2012
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@adam a week is enough indeed, toronto or not is not really an issue here, the online application is processed in alberta so the mail is under the category of national-wide delivery which takes 4 business days.
adamxiaosha said:
My application submitted on Sep 25th is approved on Nov 9th. So that is one month advance from what's on the website. Don't be frustrated. Anyone get any idea how long does it take to mail it to destination? I know it is snail mail. Will one week be enough? I am in Toronto.

karykuan

Nov 6, 2012
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@m, don't worry too much, it will all come together after just a little wait. Best wishes to you.

Nov 8, 2012
I have applied on Oct 1st, 2012. And there is still no response when i called to CIC 2-8-clint ID -> no file received on Oct 1st. Did any one who applied round Oct 1st get response? i known some of you received, based on applied on Sep 21-25th.

Thanks

mdd2011

Dec 10, 2011
I have not received yet. Applied on Sep 19th. Called CIC, they keep saying they are processing August 26th applications now, which is quite surprising since many of the applicants from September even October have received their permits.

Nov 8, 2012
yea. The date on the CIC website is not right, not reliable. I called them and asked them why people applied on Oct received their permit. They said every person's situation is not the same...stupid response. still waiting. check CIC later.