+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduation Work Permit expired, allow extend if have job offer??

Mossie109

Oct 30, 2011
Dear everyone,

I plan to take yr 2013 Early childhood education assistant course at Geroge Brown College. It takes aroudn 1 year (8 months) to finish, then i will apply post graduation work visa try to gain the work experience at any childhood service center or preschool or kindergarden etc...my question is if my PGW visa expired..what i should do to extend the PGW visa or change to Tempoery work visa?

Or anyone can provide some professional advice?

Appreciated alot!

Thanks
Mossie

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mossie109 said:
Dear everyone,

I plan to take yr 2013 Early childhood education assistant course at Geroge Brown College. It takes aroudn 1 year (8 months) to finish, then i will apply post graduation work visa try to gain the work experience at any childhood service center or preschool or kindergarden etc...my question is if my PGW visa expired..what i should do to extend the PGW visa or change to Tempoery work visa?

Or anyone can provide some professional advice?

Appreciated alot!

Thanks
Mossie
Hi,

1. Not possible to extend PGWP.
2. To transfer to a 'Full Work Permit', you need a positive LMO (Labour Market Opinion) from HRSDC, Canada. Your prospective employer will apply for it on your behalf. Still, no guarantee of a work permit with a positive LMO.

H

HBK

Hi ,
For getting positive lmo your employer will have to prove that there are not enough canadian citizen to perform that job.

Mossie109

Oct 30, 2011
Thank you for reply.
Very clear and i know what to do next. Well plan to my future

But one more question, what is the requirement to apply PR ...have to work 2 years or any other?

Have a good day :)

H

HBK

Hi,
Assuming you had extended your post study work permit you must have 2 years work experience in N.O.C. 0,A,B category.

Mossie109

Oct 30, 2011
HI,

So if i can find a job work as Early Childhood Education Assistant...is that under NOC , 0, A, B Cat.??

Thanks

H

HBK

Hi,
Your noc code is 4214.
Check this site.you will find answer.
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/Tutorial.aspx