+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work permit

Gaurav Joshi

Oct 26, 2020
Hey guys, I was registered for a 2years masters program and I completed my course within 3 semesters and a break and I was expecting a 3-yr work permit whereas I only got a 1 year permit. My friends who did the same got a 3yr work permit. Can anyone help please?

zupermarn

May 8, 2019
GTA area
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
How
Hey guys, I was registered for a 2years masters program and I completed my course within 3 semesters and a break and I was expecting a 3-yr work permit whereas I only got a 1 year permit. My friends who did the same got a 3yr work permit. Can anyone help please?

How long was the 3 semester, was it a course of 18 months - 24 months?

Also, when does your current passport expire? They might have approved you based on your passport expiry date...

To provide you more information, if you did 1 year studies, they will give you 1 year PGWP. However, if you completed 2 years or more studies, they will give you 3 years PGWP.
In addition to that, when i first applied for PGWP, they gave me 1 year. But I completed 2 years studies which means that I am eligible for 3 years PGWP. So I renewed my passport and I re-applied for an extension with a letter of explanation and they approved me for the extra 2 years PGWP.

Reactions: Gaurav Joshi

Gaurav Joshi

Oct 26, 2020
Well each semester was 4 months long which makes sense according to what you mentioned. But all my friends who did the same got a 3 year permit. I don't know if can do anything about it.