+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

post graduate work permit

GAMIL

May 15, 2019
Hi, I am international student in Canada. I have come in Canada in 2018 for September semester at University of Regina, Saskatchewan. From UOR, I completed my ESL programme, and then I changed my institution. In January 2019, I took my admission at Seneca College, doing diploma in general business and the length of this programme is 2 years (4 semester). According my offer letter, my class starting date is January 7,2019 and expected graduation date is august 22, 2020. After my first semester in Seneca, I have taken a break with the permission of college authority in summer, but they informed me I can not work off or on campus. During my study, I was doing a job but now I am not doing this. I heard from one of my friend that if I took any break during my study, I will not eligible for post graduate work permit. Actually , I had nothing to do in my hand because my parents can not pay my tuition fees before the end of June, but my tuition fees payment deadline was 6 may,2019. This is why, I took off on summer term. Right now, Can you give me any suggestion what can I do now regarding this break? How can I cover my break when I will apply for post graduate work permit after my graduation......

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hi, I am international student in Canada. I have come in Canada in 2018 for September semester at University of Regina, Saskatchewan. From UOR, I completed my ESL programme, and then I changed my institution. In January 2019, I took my admission at Seneca College, doing diploma in general business and the length of this programme is 2 years (4 semester). According my offer letter, my class starting date is January 7,2019 and expected graduation date is august 22, 2020. After my first semester in Seneca, I have taken a break with the permission of college authority in summer, but they informed me I can not work off or on campus. During my study, I was doing a job but now I am not doing this. I heard from one of my friend that if I took any break during my study, I will not eligible for post graduate work permit. Actually , I had nothing to do in my hand because my parents can not pay my tuition fees before the end of June, but my tuition fees payment deadline was 6 may,2019. This is why, I took off on summer term. Right now, Can you give me any suggestion what can I do now regarding this break? How can I cover my break when I will apply for post graduate work permit after my graduation......
Your friend is correct, if you take unscheduled break it is against PGWP illegibility rules, the fact that it was authorized by school doesn't really matter. Only thing you can do is include a letter explaining your situation with your PGWP application with any supporting evidence you might have and hope that the officer takes this under consideration.