+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

post graduate work permit

hkang12

May 7, 2019
Hi,
I was international student my college give me special case to do my co-op with two course enrolled in my second last semester. is this semester considered part time or it will be full time. please reply i need to know because i was part time in last semester. im trying to apply for my post graduate work permit little confused. please help

Avtar_15

Star Member
Jul 29, 2018
India
Category........
Hi,
I was international student my college give me special case to do my co-op with two course enrolled in my second last semester. is this semester considered part time or it will be full time. please reply i need to know because i was part time in last semester. im trying to apply for my post graduate work permit little confused. please help
Part time studies aren't eligible for PGWP. You better ask your college about your studies as they will explain you better.

hkang12

May 7, 2019
Hey, thanks for your reply
I have already talked to my course co ordinator she replies me i was part time for two semester. but i did co op and enrolled extra courses so that i can finish my courses and im worried what to do next.

Avtar_15

Star Member
Jul 29, 2018
India
Category........
Hey, thanks for your reply
I have already talked to my course co ordinator she replies me i was part time for two semester. but i did co op and enrolled extra courses so that i can finish my courses and im worried what to do next.
I am sorry but your only option now is to apply for PGWP and wait for a positive response. Hope you get your PGWP. Good luck.

hkang12

May 7, 2019
Hey,
Just to confirm do you know anyone with same situation. or heard about someone who got approved. please let me know

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
If your college says that you were part-time, then you were part-time. If they say you were full-time, then you were full-time.

IRCC doesn't have a fixed definition for full-time vs part time. Each institution identifies the course load required for a student to be considered full-time in a specific program of study.

So if your college is telling you that you were a part-time student in more than just your final semester, you will not qualify for a work permit.

Reactions: Avtar_15

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Reactions: Avtar_15

hkang12

May 7, 2019
Hey,
i received a conformation form college saying i was part time in just one semester that was my last semester. although i failed some of the courses and had to do them again. i end up achieving 2.0 program gpa. does failed courses affect your pgwp eligibility. i have complicated all of them. i didn’t took any unofficial brake. please let me know if im eligible for pgwp.

hkang12

May 7, 2019
Part time studies aren't eligible for PGWP. You better ask your college about your studies as they will explain you better.
bro college told me i was full time in all other semesters expect my last one. am i eligible for pgwp now ?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
bro college told me i was full time in all other semesters expect my last one. am i eligible for pgwp now ?
Read the instructions given only way you will know will be to apply given anything else is speculation given everyone is different As soon as apply with your completion letter you are on implied status pending a decision so only the fee at stake

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/after-graduation/eligibility.html

hkang12

May 7, 2019
Read the instructions given only way you will know will be to apply given anything else is speculation given everyone is different As soon as apply with your completion letter you are on implied status pending a decision so only the fee at stake

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/after-graduation/eligibility.html
thanks for your reply,
i have been reading many posts about pgwp. my only concern is about failed courses. which i did by taking an extra semester. it isn’t mentioned anywhere about retaking courses. please let me know if anyone have any information about my consern.

Rxm169

May 2, 2019
Hey i failed few of my courses and did by taking two extra semesters. but was full time in all sem expect last one. am i eligible for pgwp?
Yes, if you were part time ONLY for your last semester, you’re eligible for PGWP.