+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit

Sabeen99

Jun 14, 2018
Hello guys,
I am applying for PGWP and it asks following documents
  • an official letter from your school that confirms you’ve completed your study program
  • an official transcript, or a copy of your transcript from your school’s website
So for a transcript can I download unofficial transcript from university's website and submit it? my transcript states that it is unofficial, does that create any issues?

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello guys,
I am applying for PGWP and it asks following documents
  • an official letter from your school that confirms you’ve completed your study program
  • an official transcript, or a copy of your transcript from your school’s website
So for a transcript can I download unofficial transcript from university's website and submit it? my transcript states that it is unofficial, does that create any issues?
An official transcript is one that is sent directly by your school to the 'body' requesting it. You can send the online copy as well.

Sabeen99

Jun 14, 2018
An official transcript is one that is sent directly by your school to the 'body' requesting it. You can send the online copy as well.
when I download the transcript it says "unofficial transcript" is that fine if I submit this online copy?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
No get the official one then scan it.
Some schools specifically state that the unofficial one will lead to rejection, but you can also just ask your schools international office/advisors if unofficial is OK.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
The unofficial ones will cause problems. I verified with the call center before I submitted mines. The rules say official, so present official ones.