+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post graduate work permit

IZZY2016

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Hello,
my brother will be applying for his PGWP outside Canada as he recently moved out of Canada after his graduation. He is thinking to apply for his PGWP as well as an open work permit for his wife. But on My CIC portal, after answering questions, he is getting the check list to upload his wife's return ticket. He is thinking to get both work permit and then apply for TRV. Since he is not sure whether he will get both WP approved or not, he just does not like to spend money to get air ticket and upload right now. Is there any other way he can skip uploading the return ticket but get the WP approved ??
Please advise. thanks.

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,
my brother will be applying for his PGWP outside Canada as he recently moved out of Canada after his graduation. He is thinking to apply for his PGWP as well as an open work permit for his wife. But on My CIC portal, after answering questions, he is getting the check list to upload his wife's return ticket. He is thinking to get both work permit and then apply for TRV. Since he is not sure whether he will get both WP approved or not, he just does not like to spend money to get air ticket and upload right now. Is there any other way he can skip uploading the return ticket but get the WP approved ??
Please advise. thanks.
His wife doesn't qualify for a work permit unless he already has a skilled job and 3 payslips. She can only come to Canada as a visitor.

Reactions: Aneep Kumar

IZZY2016

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
His wife doesn't qualify for a work permit unless he already has a skilled job and 3 payslips. She can only come to Canada as a visitor.
Really?? Is it only for the outside applicants? When I got my PGWP in Canada, I applied for open work permit for my wife. And we got it. Some of my friends who have graduated here in Canada, got open WP for spouses with their PGWP. Do you have a link for me to check this info online? thanks for your response.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
At the bottom of this link

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program.html#cons11

QUOTE :

Spouses or common-law partners of post-graduation work permit holders
If the principal applicant is a holder of an open work permit (e.g., post-graduation work permit, Working Holiday work permit), their spouse or common-law partner who is applying for the C41 exemption will need to attach a copy of the principal applicant’s work permit to their own application for an open work permit, along with proof that the principal applicant is employed in an occupation in skill level 0, A or B. The applicant’s spouse or common-law partner will also need to provide information about the principal applicant’s employment by attaching supporting documents, including the following:

• a letter from their current employer confirming employment or a copy of their employment offer or contract
  • a copy of 3 of their pay stubs

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Really?? Is it only for the outside applicants? When I got my PGWP in Canada, I applied for open work permit for my wife. And we got it. Some of my friends who have graduated here in Canada, got open WP for spouses with their PGWP. Do you have a link for me to check this info online? thanks for your response.
It's for all applicants. His wife should absolutely not apply for an OWP now - refusal is guaranteed since the requirements to apply aren't met. As others have said, she won't qualify for an OWP until he has a NOC A, B or 0 job and can provide three payslips with the application.

Reactions: IZZY2016