+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post graduate work permit

Ehiaghe

Oct 2, 2018
Hello,
I am an international student currently doing a 1 year diploma program in a private university. It will end in March 2019 and I intend to pursue a 1 year masters in a public university in September same year .
Would I be eligible to get a 3 year post graduate work permit as I would have schooled for the period of 24 months?

Your answers will be really helpful .

Ehiaghe

Oct 2, 2018
Yes, I know . But I was wondering if the 1year diploma + 1year masters can get me a 3year work permit , even if the diploma is from a school that doesn't qualify for pgwp.

It's Vancouver institute of media Arts and I intend to go to Carleton university for my masters .

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Rules are clear has to be an institution that qualifies for a PGWP and Vancouver Institute of media arts does not

Ehiaghe

Oct 2, 2018
Okay , thank you .
Please does anyone know a list of schools that offer graduate admissions in March or April for masters programs ?

Ehiaghe

Oct 2, 2018
There are no lists . You have to do the research yourself.
Thank you .

Okay, still on the work permit.
If I do a short course of about 6 months in a public university and then go on to do a 1 year masters in the same university , how many years work permit will I be entitled to ?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Thank you .

Okay, still on the work permit.
If I do a short course of about 6 months in a public university and then go on to do a 1 year masters in the same university , how many years work permit will I be entitled to ?
1 year PGWP given the first course counts for nothing unless is classified as 1 year only then could you get up to 3 years under the 2x1 year rule .If your masters was at least 16 -23 months with no breaks then you could be considered for a 3 year PGWP but not with the combination you suggest. All clearly stated in the guidelines

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program.html#cons7