+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post graduate work permit

Pritpal96

Mar 1, 2018
Hi,
I am a international student from india. I got admission in private college( Sprott Shaw College) in surrey BC in September 2016. I got visa from india to this college with no refusal. When I contact to college staff regarding PGWP they said you guys get work permit as our college is eligible and we have DLI number. But nowadays all the work permits rejected for student who graduate from here and cic gave reason that your college is not eligible to issue permits to work in canada. Am also going to finish my program in march 2018. So i was confusing what to do in future because there is no chance for work prrmits. Should i study again or can i take lmia. If i go with LMIA how that’s gonna work if i want gain PR. I don’t know what to do as this college fraud with me and other student. Please suggest what we can do.
Thank you

Sameeksha

Mar 2, 2018
Hi
I completed post grad in audiology and speech language pathology and im planing to further work in Canada and apply for postgrad work permit or open work permit. Currrently I’m working in Bangalore Since a 8months now. I have major queries regarding ITR and fund checks. My father has ITR of 5 lakhs so is this enough?? And for the work permit, is my ITR required ? Coz I still have to apply for that. I also have 9 lakhs education loan. Do I need to clear that loan ?? Or is it okay if I clear it off once I get a job?? Coz I’m afraid that this loan statement of 9lakh will get my visa regected.

Pritpal96

Mar 1, 2018
have u paid the fees and completed/started the course if yes then u take another 2 years course from a public college to get a 3 year PGWP. if u have not started college or paid fees then I suggest to change college before coming to Canada. Try to avoid private colleges. Do u have an employer who will sponsor u LMIA?
I already paid my whole tutioN fees. If i take one year course then i will get one work permit so can i apply for pr in my one year work permit.

Pritpal96

Mar 1, 2018
Hi, as am not getting work permit from Sprott Shaw so am planning to start my study again. I am looking for bachelors degree at Acsenda school of Mgt. at Vancouver as this college is private college but on cic list this college is eligible for PGWP. I would like to confirm that we will get PGWP from Acsenda school of mgt. there not be any problem as sprott shaw have.
I will be wait to hear from you soon.
Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, as am not getting work permit from Sprott Shaw so am planning to start my study again. I am looking for bachelors degree at Acsenda school of Mgt. at Vancouver as this college is private college but on cic list this college is eligible for PGWP. I would like to confirm that we will get PGWP from Acsenda school of mgt. there not be any problem as sprott shaw have.
Thank you
I would encourage you yo stick with public colleges so you are guaranteed to be able to apply gor PGWP.

Apr 26, 2018
Dear mam/sir

Am from india.now i am in canada.i have 2 year canada study permit.Now i am doing study in post graduate diploma heath admintration in surrey (BC).collage name is western community college.college have DLI number but not provide PGWP.now i want to change this collage and i want to do study in spp collage whos provide PGWP .or i have LMIA From employer can i change my status.study permit to work permit?and if i got care taker LMIA can i eligible for PR?This job consider NOC job list ?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Thank you
Do not apply to another private college. You will most likely not get your PGWP, no matter what the website says. Take everyone's advice and apply to a public college.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dear mam/sir

Am from india.now i am in canada.i have 2 year canada study permit.Now i am doing study in post graduate diploma heath admintration in surrey (BC).collage name is western community college.college have DLI number but not provide PGWP.now i want to change this collage and i want to do study in spp collage whos provide PGWP .or i have LMIA From employer can i change my status.study permit to work permit?and if i got care taker LMIA can i eligible for PR?This job consider NOC job list ?
No - a caretaker LMIA will not allow you to immediately apply for PR. You would need to work full time as a caretaker in Canada for two years before qualifying for PR.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ok but can i change my status study permit to work permit? After 2 year can i apply PR ?
You can try changing your status from study permit to work permit. None of us here can tell you if the work permit will be approved. Note that one of the requirements to be approved is that you either have at least one year of full time paid work experience in the field or at least six months of full time studies in the field. Make sure you meet those requirements before you try to apply.

Aug 13, 2018
Hlo my wife is studying in private Canadian college of vancouver her course is under to St. Lawrence college is she eligible to get work permit