+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit---need to lift medical restriction!

FDiblabla

May 11, 2019
Hello, I am low key freaking out.

I applied for my PGWP in February and realized while I was waiting for it I wanted to work with children but did not specify that on my application. A CIC worker told me that if I get the medical exam right away and have it sent to the government, it could be considered with my application and lift the restriction. So about a week ago I went for a medical exam and sent a letter through my online application that I would like my medical exam to be considered with my PGWP. However, my PGWP was approved and I don't think the medical exam result are included therefore the restriction is not lifted.

I was wondering if I would be able to go to the border and clear all of this up. Can I go to the border and get the restriction lifted even if it's an online application? Also, I am an American citizen.

If I do this process through the mail, how long will it take? I have a job lined up and it starts at the end of next month and I really need this processed by then!

Thanks for any advice and support!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

I applied for my PGWP in February and realized while I was waiting for it I wanted to work with children but did not specify that on my application. A CIC worker told me that if I get the medical exam right away and have it sent to the government, it could be considered with my application and lift the restriction. So about a week ago I went for a medical exam and sent a letter through my online application that I would like my medical exam to be considered with my PGWP. However, my PGWP was approved and I don't think the medical exam result are included therefore the restriction is not lifted.

I was wondering if I would be able to go to the border and clear all of this up. Can I go to the border and get the restriction lifted even if it's an online application? Also, I am an American citizen.

If I do this process through the mail, how long will it take? I have a job lined up and it starts at the end of next month and I really need this processed by then!

If you only did the medical a week ago, you need to give some more time for it to be in the system before you head to the border. CBSA may or may not issue you an amended permit. They sometimes refuse and tell people to apply through IRCC.

Reactions: FDiblabla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

You can certainly get the restriction lifted at the border. But as said above, you need to allow 2-3 weeks for the medical to be processed and be in the system.

FDiblabla

May 11, 2019
You can certainly get the restriction lifted at the border. But as said above, you need to allow 2-3 weeks for the medical to be processed and be in the system.
Okay so it is possible? Even if I didn't initially apply at the border? Do you think I have a good chance to get it done at the border because I am an American citizen? Thank you for your help!