+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post graduate work permit extension outside of Canada

SA1526

Dec 21, 2020
Hello everyone,
I have a question regarding a PGWP. I was only given 6 months of PGWP based on the validity of my passport. I left Canada to renew my passport and to apply for an extension of my PGWP. However, the Canada visa application center in the country I live in was closed from the 15th of March to the 1st of July 2020 due to COVID-19. The expiration date of PGWP was on the 15th of May. Then, I had to apply after the expiration date of PGWP when I knew from the CIC website that we can submit an online application for a work permit. At the end of last December 2020, I received a rejection letter from IRCC regarding my PGWP application because I applied after its expiration date and I am not currently in Canada. Is it possible to resolve this issue? I know it has been 7 months now since I received the rejection but things have returned to some semblance of normality and I want to give it another chance. Also, do I need to do a medical exam for a new application since I have been outside Canada for more than a year?

Thank you,

Sadah