+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Delay (Need to Travel)

peajly

Oct 20, 2015
Hello,

I applied for my post graduate work permit (PGWP) on May 7, 2015. The processing time for the document has past and I have still have not received any notification from the CIC. When I called CIC I was informed that the delay was caused by my failure to pay the open work permit holder fee along when I submitted my application. Please note that I received a message from the CIC to pay for my permit holder fee on August 24, 2015 and I paid and submitted the receipt on the same day. The CIC representatives have told me that they cannot give me a time frame as to when they will begin to process my application or when I will I will get an update. This however is restrictive to both my work and travel plans as I would like to travel to my home country for the Christmas holidays and my job requires me to travel to the USA.

Has any one experienced/is experiencing something similar? Do you know how long it will take to have my document processed?

Any help would me much appreciated! Thanks.

seshadrr

Feb 9, 2016
Hello,

Same thing happened to me. I applied my PGWP on May 7th, 2015 but i paid only $155 WP Fee. And i received an email regarding OWP fee so, i paid OPEN WORK PERMIT FEE on August 25th, 2015 and uploaded the document. Since then they are telling that i have to wait. They don't know how many days it will take.

Is there any update in ur case?

When i called CIC on january 19th, They said it has been approved and i will get it soon but still i didn't receive it. Even today i called and they said the same. I do not know what is happening.

Please reply me if you have any updates, Thanks

sanyaqaisar

Oct 20, 2015
seshadrr said:
Hello,

Same thing happened to me. I applied my PGWP on May 7th, 2015 but i paid only $155 WP Fee. And i received an email regarding OWP fee so, i paid OPEN WORK PERMIT FEE on August 25th, 2015 and uploaded the document. Since then they are telling that i have to wait. They don't know how many days it will take.

Is there any update in ur case?

When i called CIC on january 19th, They said it has been approved and i will get it soon but still i didn't receive it. Even today i called and they said the same. I do not know what is happening.

Did you apply online or paper base

Please reply me if you have any updates, Thanks