+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Application (share your experiencr here)

scil19

Oct 6, 2016
Good day!

im about to apply the pgwp,
i already gathered all the documents needed base on the check list.
i would like to ask a tips or suggestions to avoid unecessary reason to be refuse.

what are the important or extra documents that i needed to submit to make my application smooth and no problem? you can share you experience here. thankyou!

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

scil19 said:
Good day!

im about to apply the pgwp,
i already gathered all the documents needed base on the check list.
i would like to ask a tips or suggestions to avoid unecessary reason to be refuse.

what are the important or extra documents that i needed to submit to make my application smooth and no problem? you can share you experience here. thankyou!

1. Make sure to select 'Work Permit Extension (new employer) when filling up online. Most select 'Work Permit' which is incorrect.
2. Online processing is 27 days + mail time. If you do flag polling on US-Canada border, it will take 20 minutes (with extra headache to deal with likely rude CBSA agents).
3. It's CAD 255 dollar ($155 work permit extension + $100 Open work permit fees)
4. When filling up online application, if you see fees payment option 'automatically', no need to attach paid fees receipt. If you don't see any such option (rare to happen), you can pay via 'online payment system', in such a case you must attach paid fees receipt (auto generated PDF file) under 'letter of explanation'.

Online payment system https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en

scil19

Oct 6, 2016
J5M said:
Hi,

1. Make sure to select 'Work Permit Extension (new employer) when filling up online. Most select 'Work Permit' which is incorrect.
2. Online processing is 27 days + mail time. If you do flag polling on US-Canada border, it will take 20 minutes (with extra headache to deal with likely rude CBSA agents).
3. It's CAD 255 dollar ($155 work permit extension + $100 Open work permit fees)
4. When filling up online application, if you see fees payment option 'automatically', no need to attach paid fees receipt. If you don't see any such option (rare to happen), you can pay via 'online payment system', in such a case you must attach paid fees receipt (auto generated PDF file) under 'letter of explanation'.

Online payment system https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en
thanks for the tips. do i need to include the document checklist when applying online?

mathias

May 1, 2016
Hi, I have also applied for my pgwp a while ago and although the payment went through, my browser crashed and when i logged back in it says that the application was submitted, my payment receipt number is also given but their is no application number, does anybody know if it did actually go through? any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

mathias said:
Hi, I have also applied for my pgwp a while ago and although the payment went through, my browser crashed and when i logged back in it says that the application was submitted, my payment receipt number is also given but their is no application number, does anybody know if it did actually go through? any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

If you take a print out of that PDF acknowledgement, you will see a number on it. It shows blank when you check it online.

mathias

May 1, 2016
Thank you,
also for pgwp by flagpoling,do we need to have valid trv or just valid study permit is fine?
what documents do we need to take along for flag poling?
thanks in advance for your help.

mathias

May 1, 2016
Thank you,
also for pgwp by flagpoling,do we need to have valid trv or just valid study permit is fine?

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

mathias said:
Thank you,

1. All you need a valid TRV, passport, study permit, sealed transcripts, passing letter and a lot of patience to deal with likely rude CBSA agents.