+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit and EE

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
bambooshka said:
Man, this is what I want clarification on. In the Gazette, where they publish full rules, they state some conditions to be fulfilled. I dug the relevant clauses and tried to find an answer. But no, all I got was hostility.

Exactly, chiding others who are struggling tells you about his loathsome personality. Find out some of his previous replies in other threads, now that he is a PR, he wants to stop all other immigration.
Guys, if we want the damn 600 points, we need to get LMIA or Provincial Nomination, period
When they banned my occupation in November, 2013, I was shocked. They basically made me ineligible for any federal program. So this is not a surprise for me.

Baanayaad

Mar 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28/07/14 (AINP), 12/02/16 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
13/07/16
Nomination.....
22/08/15
AOR Received.
21/04/16
Med's Done....
10-01-2017 (passed)
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
bambooshka said:
Exactly, chiding others who are struggling tells you about his loathsome personality. Find out some of his previous replies in other threads, now that he is a PR, he wants to stop all other immigration.
Yes I just had a look. I would have to be a miserable pathetic person to have received my PR recently and harbour these views and spout them on an immigration forum:

"I'm gonna vote conservative because they best represent my interests: lower taxes, lower immigration, couldn't ask for better. That's right: reduced immigration is what's best for Canada. The job market's almost non-existent and immigrant housing takes up valuable farmland which this country is in desperate shortage of. What was that? I'm a racist? I'll tell you where you can go complain: at the "Who-gives-a-shi.t" Department. It's my right to have an anti-immigration stance and there's not a damned thing you can do about it except tap your heels three times. "

What a joke - condemning the same programme that he came to reside here on! And I thought I had seen everything. LOL

Oh well, I guess I'll be putting him on ignore (if there is such an option).

stilldreaming

Dec 7, 2014
Hello,

Does all of this mean that it is no longer worthwhile to take the student and PGWP route to permanent residency?

I have been meaning to go to Canada as a student this year but I feel a bit disheartened with the new EE rules. I get a feeling that with LMIA requirement, it will not be easy to get 600 points. I mean there must be hundreds- if not thousands-of unemployed residents looking for work! The chances of finding a job with 1) LMIA and 2) above average salary, seem to be bleak! :(

Any views?

BTW, my field is accounting, so I fear there must be a glut of accountants in Canada. Would I be ill-advised to spend so much money (and time) on the study permit route?

Anyone??

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Baanayaad said:
Yes I just had a look. I would have to be a miserable pathetic person to have received my PR recently and harbour these views and spout them on an immigration forum:

"I'm gonna vote conservative because they best represent my interests: lower taxes, lower immigration, couldn't ask for better. That's right: reduced immigration is what's best for Canada. The job market's almost non-existent and immigrant housing takes up valuable farmland which this country is in desperate shortage of. What was that? I'm a racist? I'll tell you where you can go complain: at the "Who-gives-a-shi.t" Department. It's my right to have an anti-immigration stance and there's not a damned thing you can do about it except tap your heels three times. "

What a joke - condemning the same programme that he came to reside here on! And I thought I had seen everything. LOL

Oh, how pathetic he is. I am sure this man would have no friends and relatives.

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
stilldreaming said:
Hello,

Does all of this mean that it is no longer worthwhile to take the student and PGWP route to permanent residency?

I have been meaning to go to Canada as a student this year but I feel a bit disheartened with the new EE rules. I get a feeling that with LMIA requirement, it will not be easy to get 600 points. I mean there must be hundreds- if not thousands-of unemployed residents looking for work! The chances of finding a job with 1) LMIA and 2) above average salary, seem to be bleak! :(

Any views?

BTW, my field is accounting, so I fear there must be a glut of accountants in Canada. Would I be ill-advised to spend so much money (and time) on the study permit route?
Seriously? Man you are thinking over advanced. Just do not cancel your plans. Canada is an immigrant country, there are always ways out for people who want to immigrate.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
stilldreaming said:
Hello,

Any views?

Yes, it's definitely getting more difficult to transition to PR from PGWP, but as someone said not impossible. I took 2 year accounting program in Canada and was about to apply for CEC when they banned my occupation. But hopefully I'll get my provincial nomination soon. And I was 20 when I came here. So I guess it totally depends on your personal situation.

nataliewg

Dec 7, 2014
Hi guys,thank you for sharing your points. I have some questions, if I am currently working based on PGWP, how could I get my employer to get the LMIA, will they need to advertise my position again in order to prove they can't hire Canadians or PR and can only hire me? But I think they hired me back at that time based on that time's specific job market, which may not apply to today. this is what I'm confused about.

Another thing is if say when I was hired, they needed someone urgently to take over the job, so they didn't advertise the job that long, but I saw somewhere employer has to prove that they keep advertising the job for at least 4 weeks?

Now I'm really losing hope in immigrating to Canada.......I really appreciate if anyone can help,thanks a lot!!!!!

kvn

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
woah..things got pretty heated in here. Anyways to continue on the topic.

@bambooshka : to me it seems the intention is that an lmia is needed. Although it looks like cic drafted Express Entry with FSWs in mind only.

While we are all speculating, I have another speculation to ask:

Q) Assuming that no more temporary workers from the fsw stream gonna be hired anymore (because they can only now come in as permanent workers, correct me if wrong), the candidates to fill in the CEC slots would be existing temporary foreign workers and pgwp holders. And with the government saying to immigrate "21,000 to 23,000 skilled workers through the Canadian experience class." What are the chances of candidates without the 600 points getting invited? 2013 stats showed ~7200 immigrants through CEC and 2014 might be higher but definitely not at the 21-23k level. Any thoughts?

bambooshka

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
kvn said:
woah..things got pretty heated in here. Anyways to continue on the topic.

@ bambooshka : to me it seems the intention is that an lmia is needed. Although it looks like cic drafted Express Entry with FSWs in mind only.
I also think so that LMIA is needed. I was just curious about the gazette language.

PreetiCalgary2014

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
Hi Experts,

I am on a PGWP which is expiring on June 19, 2015 and I'm currently working on a full time job NOC 6231. I had applied for PNP (Alberta) in Feb 2014 , still waiting for nomination cert. Shall I start working on getting LMIA now in order to get ITA in Express Entry or just wait for some more time? Please advise?
Your replies are much appreciated.

Tnx
Preeti

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
Baanayaad said:

Good to know you can cut and paste Baanyaad. Since we know you have that much skill, now why don't you do it again and re-post the following part of my quote:

I'll tell you where you can go complain: At the "Who-gives-a-shi.t" Department.

Have fun. :p :p :p

jfalvitez

Oct 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
12-01-2017
i am an international student with a PGWP with a full time job offer but is level C on the NOC, can I still apply for the Express Entry?

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
jfalvitez said:
i am an international student with a PGWP with a full time job offer but is level C on the NOC, can I still apply for the Express Entry?
NO. It has to be either NOC 0, A or B. Find another job!!

jfalvitez

Oct 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
12-01-2017
so this EE doesnt help me! it's better try the Prvincial Nomination program, i dont need Lmia there, at least

shakashaka

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
I am working in Canada on a post-graduation work permit. Do I need a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)?

Not necessarily. If you are working in Canada on a post-graduation work permit, you would not need your current employer to get an LMIA to be issued an invitation to apply, unless it is required for you to meet the program requirements for the FSWP or the FSTP.

However, your employer may wish to obtain an LMIA to improve your chances of being issued an invitation to apply, as a valid job offer, which is supported by an LMIA, results in an additional 600 points under the Comprehensive Ranking System.

Note: Completing an Express Entry profile is the first step to immigrate to Canada permanently as a skilled worker. Completing an Express Entry profile does not guarantee that you will receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence. An Invitation to Apply for permanent residence will be based on your score and rank in the Express Entry pool using the Comprehensive Ranking System.