+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate work permit 1 year

Nov 26, 2014
My query is; my program is listed as a full time, one year program, however due to entering this program within the winter semester, studies will be continuous from either entrance dates; Mid January to August or Late February to August. I have queried the length of the programs with the College and they have informed me that due to both semesters being continuous with no brake it is still considered a full time, one year program. I am very interested in obtaining work experience in my field of study in Canada, however neither of the two entrance to completion dates seem to technically meet the required eight months of study. My query therefore is being that my acceptance letter states Year of study (One Year), is this considered as one year and would I be eligible to apply for a work permit after my course of study? :) :) thanks in advance

nwi17

Nov 23, 2014
Same here :D. I’m also take PG program this Winter 2015. Which school are you going too?

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arielMARIAmcbarrow said:
My query is; my program is listed as a full time, one year program, however due to entering this program within the winter semester, studies will be continuous from either entrance dates; Mid January to August or Late February to August. I have queried the length of the programs with the College and they have informed me that due to both semesters being continuous with no brake it is still considered a full time, one year program. I am very interested in obtaining work experience in my field of study in Canada, however neither of the two entrance to completion dates seem to technically meet the required eight months of study. My query therefore is being that my acceptance letter states Year of study (One Year), is this considered as one year and would I be eligible to apply for a work permit after my course of study? :) :) thanks in advance
As long as the program length is at least 8 months (which basically means two full time semesters), you are eligible for PGWP. Now, it doesn't matter if both the semesters are consecutive or with a gap of one semester. You need to successfully pass for semesters and there you go.

Nov 26, 2014
THanks so much for you replies...what if it start Feb 27th and finishes August 31st which is technically 6 months ..But still listed as a one year program at the school, just fast track, would i still qualify?

gokilvnair

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
winter intake means by May 2015 right?
even i am trying for may intake