+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post-Graduate Visa Holder getting his wife to come here! Please help.

italiano1987

May 28, 2012
A bit of background story first:

I came to Canada as a student about 5 years ago, I completed my 3 year program, and switched over to a post-graduate open work permit, which will expire late next year.

About 3 years ago I had the pleasure of meeting a very lovely girl from the Philippines, who later on went to become my girlfriend.

In the summer of 2012, we attempted to get her to come here.. her application was perfect, the only problem was her travel history, she was only out of the country once and for a very short time, and in other words, they turned it down.

After talking to an agent one day, I was told that she could apply for a TRV or a OWP if I have a full time job in my respected field, to accompany her husband, me. So we did just that, we rushed our current plans, and decided to get married. I went to her beloved country and tied the knot.

As now we're looking to apply for her to come here.. I called the immigration call center again, explaining the same situation.. and I'm told that.. only if I was still a student, she could accompany me, when I CLEARLY explained to the previous agent that I was not a student anymore but I was still told she could accompany me.

Did things change? Did they mess up? I'm just torn apart after this last call... they basically told me she'd have to apply by herself.. and the terror that they might turn it down again haunts me like crazy..

I don't know what to do.. I'm going to call them again tomorrow or in a few days and see what they say this time.. but if any of you have any suggestions... please please please let me know.. :(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you have a full time skilled job, then she can apply for an OWP. She can also try applying for the TRV again. However if you have a full time skilled job, I would try the OWP first. As before, there is no guarantee she will be approved.

italiano1987

May 28, 2012
scylla said:
If you have a full time skilled job, then she can apply for an OWP. She can also try applying for the TRV again. However if you have a full time skilled job, I would try the OWP first. As before, there is no guarantee she will be approved.
Thank you for replying ^_^;

So.. it would still be ok, even if I have a full time skilled job for the profession I studied for under a Post-Graduate open work permit?

But, in this case.. I'm very confused about the application process.. would she apply normally by herself? Do I have to attach something to her application? A letter of invitation or sorts? A copy of my visa and/or job contract?

italiano1987

May 28, 2012
Bump.

Would anyone know what sort of documents my wife would have to attach to her POW application if I'm here as a skilled worker in Canada?

When I filled out my visa application, I wasn't married at the time, so I never put her name down anywhere. But now that I am, and she wants to come here.. what must I show on her application to make it happen?

Any info would help.. :(