+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Visa expired and reapply for renewal of TRV and Work Permit

Ttrosa

Dec 11, 2018
I have been in Canada for 7 years. First as a student for 5 years and a post graduate visa for 3 years. I graduated with a diploma in Game Designing.

I have been working at Metro for years on a part-time basis. I had a work permit and was paying my taxes

My post graduate visa expired in October and applied prior to expiry date for renewal of visa and work permit but I was denied on the following grounds:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements.
Can you help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have been in Canada for 7 years. First as a student for 5 years and a post graduate visa for 3 years. I graduated with a diploma in Game Designing.

I have been working at Metro for years on a part-time basis. I had a work permit and was paying my taxes

My post graduate visa expired in October and applied prior to expiry date for renewal of visa and work permit but I was denied on the following grounds:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements.
Can you help
On what basis did you apply to extend your work permit?

Do you have an approved LMIA from your employer? Or have you applied for permanent residency and has your application been accepted and is being processed?

You'll need to stop working immediately.

Ttrosa

Dec 11, 2018
On what basis did you apply to extend your work permit?

Do you have an approved LMIA from your employer? Or have you applied for permanent residency and has your application been accepted and is being processed? I

You'll need to stop working immediately.
I applied for a TRV

I do not have an approved LMIA from my employer. I have not applied for permanent residency.