+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post-Graduate program 1 year. Can I apply PR with Provincial Nominee?

Elijahqassar

Sep 20, 2013
Hi ,I came to Canada recently, and I am going to study in George Brown college for 1 year program (Post-Graduate program) my program name is Health Informatics (certificate) .Also I have a bachelor degree in Dentistry ,however, I have got this degree outside Canada so my degree is not recognized because I have to pass the Canadian dental board .At the moment I live in Toronto , and I would like to stay in Canada and get Permanent residence. My question is
1-Can I apply for PR after finishing my one year program ? or is it possible for student who studied one year to apply for this program ?
2-What are the requirements to apply for this program?
3-When I should apply ?
I read that to apply for this program I need at least one year full time study for post graduate students and also a job approve by an employer .
So can anyone explain for me this program please . Thank you

Elijahqassar

Sep 20, 2013
In one site written that "The work experience must be gained within the two years preceding submission of the application under the Canadian Experience Class. In addition, graduates must have completed either a full-time Canadian post-secondary educational program of at least two years or a one-year Master's program and an additional year of education in Canada, within a private or public post-secondary educational institution such as a college or a university that is provincially recognized, or Private CEGEPs and provide satisfactory language testing results." is this truth .

The site http://www.migrationexpert.ca/work_visa/experience_class_foreign_worker_foreign_student_visa/

taurus25

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
After doing 1 yr PG program ur chances are not very bright. You can apply under PNP or LMO if you have offer and ur employer is ready to help u

rose08

Nov 10, 2013
Elijahqassar said:
Hi ,I came to Canada recently, and I am going to study in George Brown college for 1 year program (Post-Graduate program) my program name is Health Informatics (certificate) .Also I have a bachelor degree in Dentistry ,however, I have got this degree outside Canada so my degree is not recognized because I have to pass the Canadian dental board .At the moment I live in Toronto , and I would like to stay in Canada and get Permanent residence. My question is
1-Can I apply for PR after finishing my one year program ? or is it possible for student who studied one year to apply for this program ?
3-When I should apply ?
I read that to apply for this program I need at least one year full time study for post graduate students and also a job approve by an employer .

you can get a PGWP for 12 months after you finish your studies. But why not apply for CEC? check this website to see if you are eligible.

hellohello

Nov 21, 2013
I asked the question because i read something on the CIC website that said if you took a programme that is delivered through distance-education, then you are not eligible for PGWP? Can anyone confirm?

Summerr

Jun 28, 2010
Ontario
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14 NOV 2013
Doc's Request.
15 May 2014(reminder mail) and 11 June 2014(specifics)
Nomination.....
1 Oct 2013
AOR Received.
7 January 2014
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
7 January 2014
Interview........
No Interview but Decision Made on July 7
LANDED..........
Inland
hellohello said:
I asked the question because i read something on the CIC website that said if you took a programme that is delivered through distance-education, then you are not eligible for PGWP? Can anyone confirm?
that is absolutely true. Distance Education wont fetch you the PGWP

Summerr

Jun 28, 2010
Ontario
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14 NOV 2013
Doc's Request.
15 May 2014(reminder mail) and 11 June 2014(specifics)
Nomination.....
1 Oct 2013
AOR Received.
7 January 2014
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
7 January 2014
Interview........
No Interview but Decision Made on July 7
LANDED..........
Inland
Elijahqassar said:
3-When I should apply ?
There are so many routes as of 2013-14 to become a PR of Canada. Having said that most of them primarily require a job offer/work experience in Canada. PNP is one of the easiest route where a specific province nominates you for residency as long as you have a PERMANENT FULL TIME job offer from an employer of that province. Again, each province has its own criteria such as working 6 to 12 months in that province even after you get an offer.

So in your case or for that matter anyone with an interest of settling in Canada, one needs to focus on securing a full time permanent job once they complete their course and get their Post Graduate Work Permit.

It is very important to plan properly and much in advance. Always keep yourself updated with the different provincial nominee programs and the job market in different provinces.

Nirav1218

Oct 10, 2014
Hi if i do ISM one year PG course (total 42 credits ) at fanshawe college and then if i apply for another 1 year PG course then will i get 3 year work permit ?

and One more quetion :

may i take any business related course after Information security management as i did Master of computer science in information technology . will they reject my visa because my study profile is related to computer .
because my sister and brother in law have business (3 provisional store in ontario) ... so i can get easily Job offer letter from them. OR it is restricted to study out of your field ? must i take computer related course after 1 year (Information security management ) PG course . :(
please guys reply