+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post-Graduate Permit - Question (corrected)

afrosa

Star Member
Mar 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02/04/2014
People,

Good to be back after my Masters at UBC. Finished last year.

Vancouver is gorgeous but ultra mega expensive. I had no more money to stay there, absolutely for nothing. It lasted until the last drop so I finished my Masters and returned.

That said, I had no money to apply for thepost graduate permit but friends, follow me here:

. I know we have 90 days since we finish the studies to apply for the PGP (Post Graduate Permit)
. I completed my Masters in May 2015
. So it means, in theory, I had 90 days counting from May 2015.

But I really want to return...

What if:

. I get a new program completion letter with a current date (eg.: july 2016) and I apply for the Post Graduate Permit?

. My idea is, I take into account the date of the new issuing of the letter, so it counts from that and the May 2015 will be disregarded.

. Is it worth a shot? I've read a post somewhere of somebody saying something like "ah... what CiC wants is that you pay the fee... I applied after the 90 days and the only hickup was that I forgot to pay for it.. They didn't care about the deadline..."

what do you think guys?

best wishes for all,

AFR

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - it's not worth a shot. It is far too late to obtain a PGWP for studies you completed last year. Note that you must also be holding a valid study permit at the time you apply.

CIC very much cares about the 90 day deadline and we've seen plenty of refusals here for people who missed that deadline by just a few days.

You've missed the deadline by almost a year. Zero chance of approval. No point even trying.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So you completed your masters in may 2015 and did not apply within the 90 days in 2015?

So now you are proposing to create a new completion letter dated July 2016 for a program completed may 2015 ?

If this is what you are proposing then that would be a major fraud in my opinion and if found out could maybe result in a ban from the country for a period of time. What will you do if CIC validate the completion date on such a letter as proposed with the college/ uni ?

Do not believe what anyone else says they did to play the system as for sure I doubt they would also comment if they had been found out.

Your only legal way forward in my view is a new study permit/ course and then apply within the rules. Others can comment

afrosa

Star Member
Mar 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02/04/2014
Thanks for the replies.

Was just asking. I am not keen on being fraudulent here. I am aware of the consequences so it is why I put out the sugestion.

cheers