+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post-graduate online program is eligible for Study Permit/PGWP??

Accountingdude2893

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Hi guys,

I understand that they will not proceed a study permit for distant learning program.
But considering that I have to register for this program now, and there is no information whatsoever regarding the current lock-down situation, do you think I can argue this with them??
This program is offered by Algonquin College and they are on the DLC list.
The program is Forensic Accounting and Fraud Investigation ( Full time, 12 months but offered online only)

Any advise is greatly appreciated. Thank you guys!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys,

I understand that they will not proceed a study permit for distant learning program.
But considering that I have to register for this program now, and there is no information whatsoever regarding the current lock-down situation, do you think I can argue this with them??
This program is offered by Algonquin College and they are on the DLC list.
The program is Forensic Accounting and Fraud Investigation ( Full time, 12 months but offered online only)

Any advise is greatly appreciated. Thank you guys!!!
Short answer is no.

A program that is 100% online will not qualify for a PGWP. You must also be holding a valid study permit and complete your studies under the study permit to qualify for a PGWP. Since you can't get a study permit for a fully online program, there is zero change you'll qualify for a PGWP.