+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post grad work permit 3 years or 16 months; uni of windsor Meng Civil

Jeenda

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
Hi Folks

I have got admission in university of Windsor Meng Civil. The course has options of 12 (3 semester) or 16 (4 semester) completion , I am confused I will be getting 16 moths work permit or 3 years work permit. As per PGWP , if course length is less than 2 years the PGWP will be issued based on course length

Thanks

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Jeenda said:
Hi Folks

I have got admission in university of Windsor Meng Civil. The course has options of 12 (3 semester) or 16 (4 semester) completion , I am confused I will be getting 16 moths work permit or 3 years work permit. As per PGWP , if course length is less than 2 years the PGWP will be issued based on course length

Thanks
you answered your own question, 16 months

candyman2121

Star Member
Jun 26, 2012
Jeenda said:
Hi Folks

Thanks
I can tell you personally. I also studied for around 16 months and got 3 years work permit back in 2012. But please make sure you select a 4 semester course. Most of the people I know who graduated from 4 semester long Diploma programs got PGWP for 3 years. Your academic years matter, not the actual years themselves. You don't need to study for 24 months in order to get a 3 years PGWP. What you do need to do is study for 4 semesters. This was the case back in 2012 and also for some people I know who applied in 2013. I don't think it has changed much.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
candyman2121 said:
I can tell you personally. I also studied for around 16 months and got 3 years work permit back in 2012. But please make sure you select a 4 semester course. Most of the people I know who graduated from 4 semester long Diploma programs got PGWP for 3 years. Your academic years matter, not the actual years themselves. You don't need to study for 24 months in order to get a 3 years PGWP. What you do need to do is study for 4 semesters. This was the case back in 2012 and also for some people I know who applied in 2013. I don't think it has changed much.
This is true it is the academic years that matter my apologies for answering based on the OP as 12 or16 months. Just ensure that any documentation you have either the acceptance or at graduation shows that the course is the equivelant of a 2 year course in academic terms to be able to qualify for the full 3 year PGWP..

Jeenda

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
Offer letter states

Length of program (3 terms equal 1 year of study)

M2 (M.Eng) Minimum 3 to 5 semesters

I think now its clear, please suggest now.

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
Jeenda said:
Offer letter states

Hello! If you want to get a three years work permit, you need at least two academic years of study. But since you're doing a masters program in Ontario, you can also apply for PR right after the completion of your studies under the OINP human capital stream.

Diyora

Oct 13, 2017
Hello
I completed 1 year program without any break or drop in sheridan college
Right now i am in private college and will finish by December 2017 but my this college is not valid for post graduation work permit so to get 3 year work permit i have to take 1 year or 2 year course in public college ?
Cic operation bulletin they mentioned if u obtained one year degree diploma ot certificate after having obtained within next 2 year if u obtained another degree diploma or certificate than wp would be upto 3 years
If i will take 1 year program in public college can i combine with sheridan college program

Harsh4160

Nov 8, 2017
Offer letter states

i got same for may 2018 in windsor university. did you get 1 year of study? please tell me about it. my whatsapp number is 7405472366

therealjerry

Sep 27, 2020
Hi Folks

Thanks
How many years of PGWP did you finally get after the 16months Masters Course?