Post Grad Certificate CAD vs Bachelors Degree UK

brian999x

Mar 2, 2012
So I have two Canadian qualifications:

a) 1 Year Post Grad Certificate in Animation
b) 2 Year Diploma in Visual Creative Arts

And from the United Kingdom I Have

c) BA Marketing Degree

Question, is it still worth it to get a Equivalency Assessment for the UK degree, will I get more points? Plus the NOC I am applying for is unrelated to this qualification which is 5241 Graphic Illustrators.

Advice needed, thank you kind sir's and madame ;D

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brian999x said:
So I have two Canadian qualifications:

a) 1 Year Post Grad Certificate in Animation
b) 2 Year Diploma in Visual Creative Arts

And from the United Kingdom I Have

c) BA Marketing Degree

Question, is it still worth it to get a Equivalency Assessment for the UK degree, will I get more points? Plus the NOC I am applying for is unrelated to this qualification which is 5241 Graphic Illustrators.

Advice needed, thank you kind sir's and madame ;D
Yes, because at the moment you cannot select "two degrees or more" because one of the degrees needs to be from at least three years of study.

Recommend you get your foreign degree evaluated to maximise your points.

Your NOC does not matter when it comes to points for education.

brian999x

Mar 2, 2012
Wow that was a quick reply!

cheers!

oh wait one more question. should i wait for the assessment to be finished before i submit my express entry profile? Wes might take 10-20 days. Thats the only thing weighing me down.

cheers!

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brian999x said:
Wow that was a quick reply!

cheers!

oh wait one more question. should i wait for the assessment to be finished before i submit my express entry profile? Wes might take 10-20 days. Thats the only thing weighing me down.

cheers!
You can submit your profile but when asked if you have an ECA, you must answer no. You also cannot select "two degrees or more" until you have your ECA.

Once you have it, you can then update your profile and get those extra points.

brian999x

Mar 2, 2012
Hello again!

I have a question so beside the UK degree, I have a Higher Diploma from the Philippines. I was wondering if I should have WES include this? Will I get more points? I used the credits I got here for my UK degree basically. 2 years in the Philippines and 2 years in UK for my bachelors was like the deal they offered.

I thought I just let them convert the final award but both are two separate awards.

Thanks!

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brian999x said:
Hello again!

I have a question so beside the UK degree, I have a Higher Diploma from the Philippines. I was wondering if I should have WES include this? Will I get more points? I used the credits I got here for my UK degree basically. 2 years in the Philippines and 2 years in UK for my bachelors was like the deal they offered.

I thought I just let them convert the final award but both are two separate awards.

Thanks!
Just send them both degrees, as long as you can easily get the transcripts from both schools. There is no extra charge for multiple degrees.