+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post e-APR Process and Common Reasons for Rejection

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hello, I read that the transcripts where not mandatory but only ECA + degree scans, here :

You should always include them unless not available. Don't take a risk as acceptance of documents is based on analyst and they have asked for transcripts from applicants in the past.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Good day Billhyatt and all, please i have a question and I would like to know if anyone has ever been in my shoe, my application is now 9 months.

LVO told me last month that my file has been transferred to my Local visa office and that I will be contacted for an interview.

Although, I have ordered a Gcms note which is yet to arrive. Something just came to my mind which I overlooked initially. I am worried and have a concern because I worked with a small company from 2011 to 2014, when I joined the company in 2011, they were using a registered business name but a new name was later created, re-registered and upgraded to "Limited liability" in 2013. For example "Divine motors" now changed to "Divine motors & haulage limited" When I got reference letter last year from the company, it wasn't stated in the letter that the company used an old name. The company wrote I worked with "Divine motors & haulage Limited" from 2011 to 2014

Also, while filling my work & personal history during E-APR, I didn't mention the old name, I just wrote that I work with the company from 2011 to 2014 using the company's new name because I felt it was same company (my employment and confirmation letter are on the company's old letter head while my resignation letter is on the company's new letterhead)

I didn't write this in LOE and I only submitted a reference letter from the company (It stated that I worked with them from 2011 to 2014)

My questions
(1) Is this misrepresentation?
(2) Should I raise a CSE and explain the situation and submit documents that I have for this job or should i wait and explain this during the interview?
(3) Should I request for another reference letter from my former employer stating that the company used an Old name and resumbit the letter via CSE?
(4) Is it too late to raise a CSE and explain this whole situation.
(5) Will swearing and affidavit suffice?

I need all inputs. Thanks
1. No this is not a misrepresentation and you can write an LOE now to let them know without trying to go into many details.
2. No need to submit documents unless they ask you to get it in written form from the employer.
3. Same as 2
4. No just report that your company XYZ LTD was previously known as XY and you have forgotten to mention it. Also, refer to 2 different letterheads used for this purpose.
5. No need to get an affidavit you can just write an LOE with the last para stating that you solemnly declare that information provided is true and accurate to the best of your knowledge. You can include your Passport Number and Signature at the end of this LOE to make it a formal information.

Don't include anything related to interview and be prepared to answer these questions. In GCMS notes you will find the reason for an interview and then we can work on it but do keep in mind that it can take 6 months from the date interview is set to the date it is actually conducted. You may have to wait additional months due to this interview.

I hope this will help.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Where on website? I only see degree.
Proof of completed Canadian or foreign educational credentials can include copies of
  • secondary or post-secondary education documents (certificates, diplomas or degrees); and
  • transcripts for successfully completed secondary or post-secondary studies
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

sanque

Jun 2, 2018
Proof of completed Canadian or foreign educational credentials can include copies of
  • secondary or post-secondary education documents (certificates, diplomas or degrees); and
  • transcripts for successfully completed secondary or post-secondary studies
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html
Hi,

Do I need to include my O & A Levels certificates as well? I did my Bachelors and Masters from Canada.

Thanks.

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
You should always include them unless not available. Don't take a risk as acceptance of documents is based on analyst and they have asked for transcripts from applicants in the past.
Thanks for your answer.

If I do so I'll go into unknown territory, I have two degrees, Diploma (Two years) and bachelor degree (Three years), my particular situation is as follow :
1 - Part time courses of the Diploma (two years) but I have transcripts for 1st and 2nd year.
2 - Distant learning (Bachelor) / which I will mention BTW.
3 - Started directly into third year (Bachelor) and thus have only the transcripts for the third and last year.

This was accepted by WES but I don't know to go into unnecessary questions by CIC and they might not even understand my situation, it gave enough hard time with WES and I don't want to go into that stress again, what do you advise me to do ?

Thanks.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Thanks for your answer.

If I do so I'll go into unknown territory, I have two degrees, Diploma (Two years) and bachelor degree (Three years), my particular situation is as follow :
1 - Part time courses of the Diploma (two years) but I have transcripts for 1st and 2nd year.
2 - Distant learning (Bachelor) / which I will mention BTW.
3 - Started directly into third year (Bachelor) and thus have only the transcripts for the third and last year.

This was accepted by WES but I don't know to go into unnecessary questions by CIC and they might not even understand my situation, it gave enough hard time with WES and I don't want to go into that stress again, what do you advise me to do ?

Thanks.
Usually, you receive exemption certificate for the part you are not taking and that is equivalent to the transcripts. However, if you don't have transcripts or exemption certificate then you can attach Degrees/Diplomas along with ECA and Completion certificate (if available).

Reactions: Abdelilah

Kevin Kav

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Hi Bill,

I have questions that please answer if possible:

I did apply under CEC stream and I read in the CIC website that I don't need provide financial settlement evidence so what should I submit istead of that? because there is section in my profile that asked to upload it.

Second question: should I certified all my documents then submit or I just can scan original and submit?

Third: what is sch 4? should I submit even when they did not ask?

Thanks in advance Bill ;)

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
Usually, you receive exemption certificate for the part you are not taking and that is equivalent to the transcripts. However, if you don't have transcripts or exemption certificate then you can attach Degrees/Diplomas along with ECA and Completion certificate (if available).
Thanks for the answer, I don't have the exemption so I'll post the degree certificates colour scans along with WES report.