+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post e-APR Process and Common Reasons for Rejection

dreamlover

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Hi - I need some advise here.

Currently applying for common law with my girlfriend and got our PCC prepared. It was too late when we noticed that we inputted different addresses (I put my hometown and she put the place where we lived-in) Will this be taken against our common law application? Should I get another PCC with my address updated? By the way, Joint account and billing statements with the same address are already in place.

I would appreciate your help. Thanks

Letitgo

Mar 31, 2018
Hi @BillHyatt

I have a query regarding the PCC.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/saudi-arabia.html

Referring to this link, it says I am not required to provide a PCC at the time of submitting application. However, in the below paragraphs it mentions "If you are applying at the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi, UAE, you should submit a police certificate with your application".

I am now confused whether I need to provide the PCC or not at the time of submission. Appreciate if you help.

pitico55

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
Hi @BillHyatt

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/saudi-arabia.html

Referring to this link, it says I am not required to provide a PCC at the time of submitting application. However, in the below paragraphs it mentions "If you are applying at the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi, UAE, you should submit a police certificate with your application".

I am now confused whether I need to provide the PCC or not at the time of submission. Appreciate if you help.
If you re applying for EE, read the notes at the bottom of the link you provided. See below:

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate for Express Entry?

Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.”

We will then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we will send you more information on how to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions above for more information.

We will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications.

Reactions: Ese2014

pitico55

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
Hi @BillHyatt

If you re applying for EE, read the notes at the bottom of the link you provided.

Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.”

We will then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we will send you more information on how to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions above for more information.

We will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications.
"

Letitgo

Mar 31, 2018
If you re applying for EE, read the notes at the bottom of the link you provided.

"
Yes I did read that. But if you see for Abu Dhabi office, it says the PCC has to be sumbitted along with the application. This confuses the most.

AlexandraO

Jul 8, 2016
Part 2 of 2: Most Common Reasons for Rejection

Most common is PCC:

a. Not included

b. No Coloured Scan attached

c. Dates don't cover complete period of stay (for e.g. you stayed in one address until 13th August but PCC cover dates till 31st July – don’t miss even one day)

d. The wrong PCC attached (includes not attaching PCC where you have lived more than 6 months – calculate your stay duration by adding all stays and include PCC if combine stay is 180 days or more)

e. LOE: Not writing explanation of why you weren’t able to attach PCC required and what you have done so far – attach evidence such as PCC Application submitted

f. Incomplete Documents – Some countries require additional documents such as consent forms for IRCC to directly get info therefore, it is important to read carefully CIC Guidance for each specific country before applying.

g. States PCC – Some countries do not have Central/Federal PCC System and therefore, you are advised to get PCC from all states you have lived (For work, study, and residential purpose excluding short stays). In addition, read CIC guidance, as they sometimes require Federal PCC as well instead of just State PCC.

h. Change in Circumstance such as visiting country after having PCC will not remain valid so you need to be careful and may need to apply for PCC again.

Passport and Visa Status:

a. It is important to attach your Passports and Residential Cards (if applicable) along with your file.

b. Make sure all pages with stamps are also included as IRCC rejected the application in past for not having a stamp for existing of one of the countries.

Education:

a. Not including ECA report or only including ECA number

b. Not including Degrees and Transcripts – please note that IRCC will reject incomplete files unlike OINP, which asks for additional information.

c. If you have distant learning course or studied in a different country than where the Institute is located then include this in Letter of Explanation and clearly mention your status.

These are the most common Reasons identified from the sample of more than 1,000 applicants in 2016/17.
Great job! thank you @BillHyatt for your support and efforts!

Can someone advise about following questions:

EDUCATION: do I need to include all transcripts with certified in Canada translation if I have my WES (ECA) for them already?

PASSPORT: Do I need to include all passports for principal applicator and his spouse? I have being had 3 passports (because of no space for visas) - one of them was taken from me in my country back in Ukraine for providing new one - now I don't have copy for this:((
If even one stamp is important - how critical not having the whole passport (the period there within 10 years of travel history I am going to provide to CIC)

PCC - by what link to check for which countries

f. Incomplete Documents – Some countries require additional documents such as consent forms for IRCC to directly get info therefore, it is important to read carefully CIC Guidance for each specific country before applying.

My country of citizenship is Ukraine, so I've provided two Police certificates: from Canada and from Ukraine. and I've visited more than 20 countries - but much less than for 180 days, hope CIC doesn't need consent forms for these countries??

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Reactions: Ese2014

Suri88

Apr 3, 2017
thanks alot for your prompt response .

I have one more question.

I have applied for BWOP once i submitted my PR application. can you please let me know whether officer check my Language test results before approving my BWOP? since I did mistake now i am worried about BWOP as well.

Thanks in advance.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Great job! thank you @BillHyatt for your support and efforts!

Can someone advise about following questions:

EDUCATION: do I need to include all transcripts with certified in Canada translation if I have my WES (ECA) for them already?

PASSPORT: Do I need to include all passports for principal applicator and his spouse? I have being had 3 passports (because of no space for visas) - one of them was taken from me in my country back in Ukraine for providing new one - now I don't have copy for this:((
If even one stamp is important - how critical not having the whole passport (the period there within 10 years of travel history I am going to provide to CIC)

PCC - by what link to check for which countries

My country of citizenship is Ukraine, so I've provided two Police certificates: from Canada and from Ukraine. and I've visited more than 20 countries - but much less than for 180 days, hope CIC doesn't need consent forms for these countries??

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
EDU: Attach Originals along with ECA Report.

PP: Passport taken temporarily or permanently? You require providing each page that includes stamps or otherwise you will be required to present a document from Ministry that shall include all your Entry and Exit details.

PCC: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html

erridja100

Jul 13, 2017
Hello Expert,
I just received this from the Canadian Embassy, Immigration Section
Could this be a good signe ?. I'm trying to stay objective

Thank you !!

INTERVIEW NOTICE
Date : 2018/xx/xx
Time : yy:yy AM

Dear Sir and Madame ,
This is to advise you that this interview is required in order for us to assess your application for permanent residence in Canada.
You should attend, both of you and your wife, at the date and time indicated, and provide us with the following documents:
1. A copy of this message.
2. Passports (you, your spouse,your children).
3. Original documents submitted with your application online.
4. Your old passports for you and your wife.
5. Four (4) ID photos for your and all your family members, as per our attached specifications

AlexandraO

Jul 8, 2016
EDU: Attach Originals along with ECA Report.

PP: Passport taken temporarily or permanently? You require providing each page that includes stamps or otherwise you will be required to present a document from Ministry that shall include all your Entry and Exit details.

PCC: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html
thanks for detailed answer.

bad news for me about passports - yes, my government is taken it forever, permanently - as soon as they given new one.
I do have one from which my history of entries to Canada starts

dimpy.123

Mar 28, 2018
Thanks that was helpful. I just hope that it will not be an issue if i have listed all my work experience in a chronological order. Does adding a new work experience like if i am starting a new job let's say NOC A, add points to the CRS?
Your CRS wont change. YOu may have better chance under PNP program as most occupation in Demand is from NOC O and A.