+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post e-APR Process and Common Reasons for Rejection

rad_mak

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Hi,

I have stayed at number of places on rent and I don't have proof of residence for all of them nor am I in contact with all the owners. Is it mandatory to show history of residence for all 10 years in past? I have been staying at a place for more than a year now. Prior to that, I stayed at a place for abt 2.5 yrs and before that, 6 months at another place, all in different cities.

Plz answer.

bm123

Aug 19, 2012
Hi @BillHyatt,
I have a question regarding PCC from Israel.
As Israel does not release PCC directly to applicants, I've requested my PCC to be send ( 10 Sep 2017) and submitted my e-APR couple of weeks ago including the explanation letter that Israel issues PCC directly to Canadian Embassy.
However, today I received a mail from IRCC that I need to post an Updated PCC and mail it directly to IRCC in Nova Scotia.
The problem is - Israel does not send out those to any address I request. It's Canadian Embasy in Tel-Aviv only.
What should I do?

Thanks in Advance.
Answering as I did this and may be helpful to others too -. Israel PCC in candidate's hand is invalid. Police station (Inland) or Embassy(outland) gives you stamped bilingual PCC application receipt and THAT you need to provide to IRCC with LOE. LOE alone is not a sufficient proof. Israel can send PCC to anywhere where you will ask them to send, if out of Israel, then on a fee. Its a pretty well known and set process for them. Takes 3 weeks to generate + delivery time.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi,

I have stayed at number of places on rent and I don't have proof of residence for all of them nor am I in contact with all the owners. Is it mandatory to show history of residence for all 10 years in past? I have been staying at a place for more than a year now. Prior to that, I stayed at a place for abt 2.5 yrs and before that, 6 months at another place, all in different cities.

Plz answer.
You don't need to have proof of residence for the application. You just need to list the addresses in the form. Please list all of your addresses in the last 10 years, with no gaps in between - you wouldn't want one of them to come up in your background check and then have IRCC wondering why you didn't disclose it.

love4immigration

Jan 26, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't need to have proof of residence for the application. You just need to list the addresses in the form. Please list all of your addresses in the last 10 years, with no gaps in between - you wouldn't want one of them to come up in your background check and then have IRCC wondering why you didn't disclose it.
I wonder how will IRCC check addresses if there are no associated rental agreements or contract is on soneone else name?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
I wonder how will IRCC check addresses if there are no associated rental agreements or contract is on soneone else name?
I don't think the background check is to 'check addresses'. But when conducting background checks, it helps to have all known addresses of the person being checked, to facilitate a complete check. You'd be surprised what comes up in background checks. You may have provided your address at some point for some completely innocuous matter, and it will come up in the check.

onkarsharan

Apr 21, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-07-2017
Doc's Request.
30-07-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
22-07-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
01-05.2018
Hi,

Plz answer.
Just stick to your home address and job location address. Don’t make your application complicated. For eg- If you studied in Dehradun from class 5-7, and did your boards in Delhi. You do not need to m Dehradun. Walk by common sense here.

Mzub

Jul 9, 2017
Hi BillHyatt, I have received my gcms notes. My medical criminality have been passed and eligibility met at cio then they transferred my file to London visa office. I want to know what will happen at lvo and at this stage what are the chances of rejection?

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi BillHyatt, I have received my gcms notes. My medical criminality have been passed and eligibility met at cio then they transferred my file to London visa office. I want to know what will happen at lvo and at this stage what are the chances of rejection?
At this stage your rejection chances are less than 1% unless you see many recommended reviews by analyst in GCMS notes that you may believe to cause trouble.

Eligibility is Met so most probably it is fine. LVO will now review your file then your file and finally review security check results.

I hope this will help.

Mzub

Jul 9, 2017
At this stage your rejection chances are less than 1% unless you see many recommended reviews by analyst in GCMS notes that you may believe to cause trouble.

Eligibility is Met so most probably it is fine. LVO will now review your file then your file and finally review security check results.

I hope this will help.
Thanks for the response. In my notes it is stated that eligibility met but in assessments it is :
Eligibility : not started
Security :not started
Criminality :passed
Medical : passed

Application assignment
Assigned to :xxxx
Assigned by:xxxx
Due date :2017/10/22

What is the application assignment and what the due date is about. Kindly help.

Rocky83

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Hi Bill,

As my spouse is the primary applicant, for proof of funds, she does not have CAD 15312 for 2 family members. However as i am accompanying spouse, I can cover the deficit. Should i transfer the remaining amount to her savings account or can i include my bank statements attested and mention that the remaining funds are sponsored by me in LOE.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi Bill,

As my spouse is the primary applicant, for proof of funds, she does not have CAD 15312 for 2 family members. However as i am accompanying spouse, I can cover the deficit. Should i transfer the remaining amount to her savings account or can i include my bank statements attested and mention that the remaining funds are sponsored by me in LOE.
Based on IRCC's website (see below), you should be able to just provide an affidavit stating your spouse has access to the money in your account for settlement purposes.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Proof of funds: skilled immigrants (Express Entry)
You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family in Canada to meet the minimum requirements of:

• the Federal Skilled Worker Program or
  • the Federal Skilled Trades Program
You can’t borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they aren’t coming with you).

If your spouse is coming with you, you can count money you have together in a joint account. You may be able to count money in an account under their name only, but you must prove you have access to the money.

Rocky83

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Based on IRCC's website (see below), you should be able to just provide an affidavit stating your spouse has access to the money in your account for settlement purposes.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Proof of funds: skilled immigrants (Express Entry)
You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family in Canada to meet the minimum requirements of:

• the Federal Skilled Worker Program or
  • the Federal Skilled Trades Program
You can’t borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they aren’t coming with you).

If your spouse is coming with you, you can count money you have together in a joint account. You may be able to count money in an account under their name only, but you must prove you have access to the money.
Thanks cresent, so can I just write it in a simple word doc and attach it in proof of funds section and mention the same in LOE

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Thanks for the response. In my notes it is stated that eligibility met but in assessments it is :
Eligibility : not started
Security :not started
Criminality :passed
Medical : passed

Application assignment
Assigned to :xxxx
Assigned by:xxxx
Due date :2017/10/22

What is the application assignment and what the due date is about. Kindly help.
Due Date is irrelevant and nothing to do with your file. The last part is not related to you and only include details of an analyst.

If your Eligibility is Met then this Not started is related LVO. That means your eligibility is met however LVO will review this before passing it. For security, you need to see details such as Type etc. If you find that it contains details such as analyst numbers or in Type it says Security then it means it has been completed (most probably passed) and now a final review is required.

I hope this will help.

Reactions: Mzub