+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post e-APR Process and Common Reasons for Rejection

CSFEB18

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Hi @BillHyatt!

I had a question regarding the Proof of Funds. I have been nominated by OINP and in the process of submitting my eAPR. My father gifted me an amount upwards of 12300 CAD as settlement funds for my PR application in the 3rd week of July and I have a gift deed to prove the same. Now the problem is that my bank has refused to mention the average balance for the last 6 months on the letter. Is it possible for me to write an LoE explaining the situation and attaching the 6 month bank statements along with the gift deed as proof of funds? Will the absence of a mention of the average balance be a hindrance to my application?

Appreciate your help!

progression

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Isfijob
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got e-APR/AOR about 10 days ago and today I received a request letter asking me to provide my spouse's education diplomas and language certificates.

In my application under the "Study and languages" section I selected "No" for "Has spouse finished high school or any higher education as I didn't want points for it. However, I did mention my spouse's degree in the "Personal History" section. Further, for "Can spouse communicate in English/French" I selected "English" and for "Has spouse taken an approved language teat to assess their English skills" I chose "No".

Is there any problem? What should I send to them? What should/can I write in the letter? Can this trigger rejection? My CRS score was 452 and cutoff score was around 443.

Any further help is highly appreciated. Thank you.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi @BillHyatt!

I had a question regarding the Proof of Funds. I have been nominated by OINP and in the process of submitting my eAPR. My father gifted me an amount upwards of 12300 CAD as settlement funds for my PR application in the 3rd week of July and I have a gift deed to prove the same. Now the problem is that my bank has refused to mention the average balance for the last 6 months on the letter. Is it possible for me to write an LoE explaining the situation and attaching the 6 month bank statements along with the gift deed as proof of funds? Will the absence of a mention of the average balance be a hindrance to my application?

Appreciate your help!
You don't need the average balance of 6 months from the bank. Just ask the bank to provide 6 months statements stamped and signed along with Letter stating your details and since when you are maintaining this account.

In LOE you can just calculate the Closing Balance in CAD using Oanda.com and refer it. "My closing balance is CAD 13,000 using Oanda.com as at 10/4/2017". CIC will just see if a large amount is added in the last 6 months or not. In that case, you will already be explaining and attaching gift deed, so nothing to worry.

I hope this will help.

CSFEB18

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
You don't need the average balance of 6 months from the bank. Just ask the bank to provide 6 months statements stamped and signed along with Letter stating your details and since when you are maintaining this account.

In LOE you can just calculate the Closing Balance in CAD using Oanda.com and refer it. "My closing balance is CAD 13,000 using Oanda.com as at 10/4/2017". CIC will just see if a large amount is added in the last 6 months or not. In that case, you will already be explaining and attaching gift deed, so nothing to worry.

I hope this will help.
Thank you so much for the comprehensive explanation, Bill! This definitely helps. Kudos :)

CSFEB18

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Another question, @BillHyatt!

My employment reference letter does not have a date of issue. Although, it clearly mention the dates that I've worked with the employer (quit my job in November, 2016). Will not having a date of issue cause a problem?

Thanks a ton, again! :)

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
I can't say that, however, I can recall a similar case were in GCMS notes analyst pointed out that date of issue was missing. I don't remember if the file was accepted or rejected but surely analyst will take a note of this.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
I got e-APR/AOR about 10 days ago and today I received a request letter asking me to provide my spouse's education diplomas and language certificates.

In my application under the "Study and languages" section I selected "No" for "Has spouse finished high school or any higher education as I didn't want points for it. However, I did mention my spouse's degree in the "Personal History" section. Further, for "Can spouse communicate in English/French" I selected "English" and for "Has spouse taken an approved language teat to assess their English skills" I chose "No".

Is there any problem? What should I send to them? What should/can I write in the letter? Can this trigger rejection? My CRS score was 452 and cutoff score was around 443.

Any further help is highly appreciated. Thank you.
Attach a Letter of Explanation highlighting that you are not claiming points.

Otaya

Sep 20, 2017
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-09-2017
@Billhayat i know it's irrelevant, but is applying for the US DV Lottery affects my e-apr by any means???
appreciate your opinion

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
@Billhayat i know it's irrelevant, but is applying for the US DV Lottery affects my e-apr by any means???
appreciate your opinion
Why would you tell CIC that you are applying for it? Just apply with CIC and get PR. After that, it is your choice to stay in Canada or move to the US if you are selected.

onkarsharan

Apr 21, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-07-2017
Doc's Request.
30-07-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
22-07-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
01-05.2018
Are transcripts and marksheets the same?
Transcripts are consolidated form of marksheet with all the marks of all the semester in one single sheet.

Reactions: Hussam08

Remmy987

Jul 4, 2017
No. Just the front.

Signed Photo will be asked when you send passport. It will have all information you require.
Thanks Bill as usual... pls i have one more question, i and my partner have been together since 2012 and we have got two kids. Do we need to fill statutory form IMM 5409 and do we have to notary the form? Cheers and God bless

Otaya

Sep 20, 2017
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-09-2017
Why would you tell CIC that you are applying for it? Just apply with CIC and get PR. After that, it is your choice to stay in Canada or move to the US if you are selected.
I already submitted and got AOR, waiting for the next update. Am asking if I apply for the US lottery, will that appear in their checking process??? In other words, that won’t have a negative impact on my application??

ahsanemirates

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
CPC Ottawa will usually make a decision on their own and therefore, I think (not confirmed) if they had any problem they would have rejected by now. However, you have done your part of the job to raise CSE and now in no mean, you will be in a state of misrepresentation.

If your status changes to IP2 in the future then there is nothing to worry as this indicates your eligibility is passed.

Finally, my recommendation is to call Ottawa office and ask for your case and if they say you still are within 6 months processing limits then simply tell them your situation. They will make changes and let you know if you need to do something else.

Good Luck.
Hello Bill, I got my GCMS notes last week . Eligibility is under review . Case analyst notes states that “PA do not meet funds requirements R76 not enough funds - pls review “. At the time of AOR I have uploaded my indian bank balance letter stating bank balance available funds @ 23000CAD on may 12, but as per case analyst notes my settlement funds as on 12 may is only 22000CAD , 600CAD short of required funds for family of four.is this the case of currency fluctuations or anything to worry . Please help

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hello Bill, I got my GCMS notes last week . Eligibility is under review . Case analyst notes states that “PA do not meet funds requirements R76 not enough funds - pls review “. At the time of AOR I have uploaded my indian bank balance letter stating bank balance available funds @ 23000CAD on may 12, but as per case analyst notes my settlement funds as on 12 may is only 22000CAD , 600CAD short of required funds for family of four.is this the case of currency fluctuations or anything to worry . Please help
You can calculate it again using oanda.com for May 12 and check your current balance as well and assure you add sufficient balance to meet LICO requirement.

Analyst has recommended review which means you may be asked for updated statements and you should be prepared to satisfy them.

Does your other sections states Pass like employement, MEC Met, etc.

I hope this will help.