+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post e-APR Process and Common Reasons for Rejection

samtack77

May 16, 2012
Hello billhyatt, thanks for answering my questions, pls I have a question.
1) While filling the Personal history on Schedule A form, do I need to include all my work experiences too even though I am only claiming point for just one of them.

2) Below is a write up of my activities in my personal history, starting from the most recent....

2016-6 / 2017-5...Consultant @Xl
2015-12 / Present.. Independent consultant @Kcp

2015-5 / 2015-11 unemployed
2013-2 / 2015-4..Msc student @UI
2011-11 / 2014-12..Geologist @ PGEL

2011-10 / 2011-10..Unemployed
2011-7 / 2011-9...Geoscience intern
2011-6 / 2011-6 Unemployed
2010-5 / 2011-5..NYSC
2005-3 / 2010-4..Bsc student @Aaua

From above, you will notice that Some of my activities happen concurrently and overlap. I mean I did different things at the same time for example, why I was studying for my Msc, I was also working.. Another time, I was a consultant to 2 different companies

Kindly notice the bolded above. I intend to use the
2011-11 / 2014-12..Geologist @ PGEL to get reference letter and claim maximum point...

CIC says every activities must be accounted for without no gap in time. Can I just leave the whole activities like I wrote in the Personal history above or should I compress it and make it look like something below:

2015-12 / Present..Consultant @Xl and Independent consultant @Kcp
2011-11 / 2015-4..Geologist @ PGEL and Msc student @ UI
2010-5 / 2011-5.. NYSC

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hello billhyatt, thanks for answering my questions, pls I have a question.
1) While filling the Personal history on Schedule A form, do I need to include all my work experiences too even though I am only claiming point for just one of them.

2) Below is a write up of my activities in my personal history, starting from the most recent....

2016-6 / 2017-5...Consultant @Xl
2015-12 / Present.. Independent consultant @Kcp

2013-2 / 2015-4..Msc student @UI
2011-11 / 2014-12..Geologist @ PGEL

2010-5 / 2011-5..NYSC

From above, you will notice that Some of my activities happen concurrently and overlap. I mean I did different things at the same time for example, why I was studying for my Msc, I was also working.. Another time, I was a consultant to 2 different companies

Kindly notice the bolded above. I intend to use the
2011-11 / 2014-12..Geologist @ PGEL to get reference letter and claim maximum point...

CIC says every activities must be accounted for without no gap in time. Can I just leave the whole activities like I wrote in the Personal history above or should I compress it and make it look like something below:

2015-12 / Present..Consultant @Xl and Independent consultant @Kcp
2011-11 / 2015-4..Geologist @ PGEL and Msc student @ UI
2010-5 / 2011-5.. NYSC
Include everything as it doesn't matter if things overlap but the problem only arises when there is a gap. I would suggest to include everything and evidence of employment is only needed for work you are claiming points and also for education.

I hope this will help.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

ArjonDJ

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
Tirana
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
@BillHyatt Please share with me your opinion!

First AOR 30 June
Meds Passed 19 July.
Rejected: August 2nd

Second AOR Augus 26th
Meds Passed September 7th
IP1 - September 8th
Na2 - September 11th
RPRF - September 15th
IP2 (current stage)- September 16th

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

My question is: On your opinion is this phase 3, presented in your first post of this thread, or should i expect any other update?

Reactions: Tomi2

samtack77

May 16, 2012
Include everything as it doesn't matter if things overlap but the problem only arises when there is a gap. I would suggest to include everything and evidence of employment is only needed for work you are claiming points and also for education.

I hope this will help.
Thanks a lot..I appreciate as always..

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto

First AOR 30 June
Meds Passed 19 July.

Second AOR Augus 26th
IP1 - September 8th
Na2 - September 11th
RPRF - September 15th

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

My question is: On your opinion is this phase 3, presented in your first post of this thread, or should i expect any other update?
ADR will change to not needed before Decision is made. If it changes to not needed without any additional document request then you can expect PPR really soon.

Good Luck.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto

First AOR 30 June
Meds Passed 19 July.

Second AOR Augus 26th
IP1 - September 8th
Na2 - September 11th
RPRF - September 15th

Also, email them to ask if your file is transferred to LVO.

Tomi2

Apr 11, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-06-2017
Doc's Request.
30-10-2017 (RCMP requested)
AOR Received.
21-06-2017
Med's Done....
16-08-2017
Passport Req..
06-11-2017

First AOR 30 June
Meds Passed 19 July.

Second AOR Augus 26th
IP1 - September 8th
Na2 - September 11th
RPRF - September 15th

Hello ArjonDJ,

With my little outstanding, you are in the last phase (IP2) that should trigger your PPR. The only that might or might not change is the documents section. For some it would change to "not needed" once they are on IP2, but we have seen cases where it remains as "reviewed" and the PPR mail is still triggered. Between, if you don't mind, why was your first one rejected..? I'm surprised the rejection came after medical passed, so I'm just wondering what happened. Congrats on IP2 and keep us posted.

samtack77

May 16, 2012

I hope this will help.
Thanks again...
Another question pls, like I said earlier that some of my activities overlapped. For example while I was working from 2011-2014 which I intend to submit the reference letter to gain maximum point, I was also a post graduate student from 2013-2015, I hope CIC won't have an issue with this. I was basically running from class to work. I am just a lil bit worried..what do you think?

Lastly, is there an adverse effect on our application in choosing our education as "Part time" as against full time? while filling the express entry?

Thanks again..

StevieFray

Jan 26, 2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018

First AOR 30 June
Meds Passed 19 July.

Second AOR Augus 26th
IP1 - September 8th
Na2 - September 11th
RPRF - September 15th

Wow your processing timeframe is impressive...thats under a month:eek:

ArjonDJ

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
Tirana
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hello ArjonDJ,

With my little outstanding, you are in the last phase (IP2) that should trigger your PPR. The only that might or might not change is the documents section. For some it would change to "not needed" once they are on IP2, but we have seen cases where it remains as "reviewed" and the PPR mail is still triggered. Between, if you don't mind, why was your first one rejected..? I'm surprised the rejection came after medical passed, so I'm just wondering what happened. Congrats on IP2 and keep us posted.
Tomi, I uploaded PCC without translation because of an issue with the pdf creator. My fault! That is why my app was cancelled!

Rocky83

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
1. Regarding proof of funds, as my spouse is the primary applicant, can i provide my account statements as well validating the minimum required for settlement purposes or should i transfer some amount to my spouse's account and hold it there till we get a decision. Would a normal bank transfer be sufficient ?

2. Banks here are not ready to provide a reference letter stating no credit cards or loans outstanding. If there is a loan outstanding, would a document from the bank stating outstanding amount be enough ? Banks are suggesting to purchase a credit score report which would not be on bank letterhead but a third party agency which maintains this information.

3. Also, if you have a valid job offer, does CIC enquire with the company validating the details or just skims through the letter ? The job offered to my spouse is temporary, need-based on assignment and does not mention the word "permanent" though its valid for 2 years. Will this impact our application in any way?

Please assist Bill as i went thru the link on valid job offer you provided, hence re-confirming point 3 to check any misunderstandings

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Thanks again...
Another question pls, like I said earlier that some of my activities overlapped. For example while I was working from 2011-2014 which I intend to submit the reference letter to gain maximum point, I was also a post graduate student from 2013-2015, I hope CIC won't have an issue with this. I was basically running from class to work. I am just a lil bit worried..what do you think?

Lastly, is there an adverse effect on our application in choosing our education as "Part time" as against full time? while filling the express entry?

Thanks again..
No this is not an issue. There are many Qualification that requires part time lectures while working full time.

Nothing to worry about.

Reactions: samtack77

Carly44

May 28, 2017
No this is not an issue. There are many Qualification that requires part time lectures while working full time.

Nothing to worry about.
Hi Bill

I believe iam at IP2?!
Were reviewing your eligibility
You have passed your medical
We do not need additonal docs
We're processing your BG check

I got GCMS notes
Meds passed
Security cancelled
Criminal passed
Eligibility not started

A little confused

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi Bill

I believe iam at IP2?!
Were reviewing your eligibility
You have passed your medical
We do not need additonal docs
We're processing your BG check

I got GCMS notes
Meds passed
Security cancelled
Criminal passed
Eligibility not started

A little confused
Yes it's IP2 and maybe your Eligibility Test is passed after you got GCMS notes. Your security check is probably started now.