+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post e-APR Process and Common Reasons for Rejection

canada_dreamer

Apr 10, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
this is awesome. Thanks a lot @BillHyatt. My emedical report has only one page, but it says at the bottom 'Page 1 of 2', which means the clinic did not give me page 2. Is that going to be an issue? Page 1 has all my information, picture and umi#.

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
You serious? Does that mean my application has been approved?

I got RPRF request on 26/Aug and paid the same on 27/Aug. Uploaded the receipt and re-transmitted the application. I was on NA2 stage when I got the RPRF. No status updates / messages since then.
how did you pay the fee on Aug 27th when we are still in Aug 7th???????

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
I got exact same question. I got RPRF request on 26/Aug and paid the same on 27/Aug. Uploaded the receipt and re-transmitted the application. I was on NA2 stage when I got the RPRF. No updates since then :(
Yes, it indicates Step 3 is complete and your application is approved. It will take some time from now to receive PPR. I would say from 4-6 Weeks from RPRF.

Good Luck!

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
@BillHyatt

Thank you so much Billy for your continuous positive contribution and support ...
Unfortunately I am still confused regarding my case specially when to issues such PCC certificates ...
My country of Residency and home country are different
I left my home country to work in my country of residency back in 2014 and it was my first permanent move outside my home country
Yet each year I do visit my home country once or twice for vacation and next Visit will be actually this week and wanted to use such vacation to issue PCC in my home country and before that submit request for one in my country of residency before going on vacation

Now Issues and areas of confusion :
1)I am Confused ...When to issue the PCC in both countries (After leave ,must be remotely ,before leave ,etc....)
2)Both countries have political issues hence cannot use my embassy in my country or residency for remote processing (embassy closed )
3)I went over the PCC procedure on the IRCC site for both countries ,yet I cannot find a define answer for this issue:
Both countries issue the PCC mentioning only date of issuance ,as by default in both countries this means its valid from the time I reached 18 /Became resident of each country respectively ...they do not mention a start date for such such certificates ... So what to do in such case from ur point of view ?
For Home Country and Country of Residence rule is PCC must be issued within the last 6 months from the time of application.

Reactions: Rayan12

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
But then...
1. Why would the request letter say that your eligibility is being reviewed
2. On my threads, there are quite a few who havent heard back after 1-2 months of paying the rprf.. why would that be..

Please dont mind.. Just asking to clear doubts..
1. This is the default and will change once the application is complete and status changes to Approved. Don't worry about that.
2. The timeline may vary for each applicant (usually it takes 4-6 weeks). However, this is confirmed that RPRF is only requested once an applicant application is approved.

I hope this will help.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
You serious? Does that mean my application has been approved?

I got RPRF request on 26/Aug and paid the same on 27/Aug. Uploaded the receipt and re-transmitted the application. I was on NA2 stage when I got the RPRF. No status updates / messages since then.
Yes, according to IRCC RPRF is requested (if not paid upfront) once your application is approved.

Reactions: ndshah26

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Thanks a lot Bill.
However I had to gray scale my POF as the size was larger than 4mb even after compressing it. So I had to gray scale and all was legible. I believe that should be fine?
Also, I believe PNP streams of FSW EE usually takes longer time of post AOR processing. Do you know if there's reason for this?
Thank you.
IRCC will make the decision on that, however, I hope it should be fine.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
My letter did not mention any of that. No mention of review in progress/completed. None, nada. Different format of RPRF letter is just a co-incidence or for a reason?
The status will change once your application is approved and completed. So, don't worry.

McHoagie

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
For Home Country and Country of Residence rule is PCC must be issued within the last 6 months from the time of application.

This is not quite correct. If the current country of residence is different from the home country, the PCC has to simply be issued after you last lived in that country.

"
  • For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than six months before the submission of the e-APR.
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant lived in that country.
  • Police certificates are required up front and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for a total of six months or more. This instruction is for the purpose of the completeness check under section R10. However, it is always at an officer’s discretion to request a new or additional police certificate."

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
This is not quite correct. If the current country of residence is different from the home country, the PCC has to simply be issued after you last lived in that country.

"
  • For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than six months before the submission of the e-APR.
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant lived in that country.
  • Police certificates are required up front and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for a total of six months or more. This instruction is for the purpose of the completeness check under section R10. However, it is always at an officer’s discretion to request a new or additional police certificate."
That's true but it depends on case to case. For Home Country, someone told me that they need a certificate within 6 months and cover the whole period of stay. It is safe to have a new one even if it may not be required.

MEB

Jun 16, 2017
Thanks Bill...but I did hear a very different opinion
Which is simply : if you are not residing in a country ...you must obtain the PCC after leaving it...i.e having the PCC while visiting it even if u r not residing in it again yet ..can result in its rejection ...
I do not see it logical by any means ..but do you have any background regarding such opinion ?

Reactions: NOMAD2017