+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post e-APR Bridging Work Permit Application - System down?

nscola2016

Dec 3, 2016
Hi all,

After submitting my EE application and getting AOR today, I tried starting my BOWP application. But after answering the questions and hitting "continue" button, I keep getting the following error message. Is anyone experiencing the same problem now or has anyone dealt with it before???

Our Online Services Are Currently Down
System-generated error code:ZUAW1AO5 (2017-03-04 22:56:55)

Sorry
This on-line service is currently not available.

Possible reasons::
We are currently updating this Web site.
We are experiencing technical difficulties.
Please try again later.

Thanks so much!

ssiddharthsuresh

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2017
LANDED..........
23-03-2017
Try again after refreshing your browser. If the problem persists then I guess the website is down. You can try again tomorrow.

nscola2016

Dec 3, 2016
ssiddharthsuresh said:
Try again after refreshing your browser. If the problem persists then I guess the website is down. You can try again tomorrow.
Thank you for replying. I have tried refreshing, clearing my cache, tried on a different device/network etc. I managed to get a personal reference code from "determine eligibility" page. However, when I used the code, I get the following message:
Validation error: Provide the necessary information below to continue.
Error Description: You already have an in progress application.

I think this is because I already submitted EE e-APR. And the code I got was directing me to apply for EE. I answer the questionnaire truthfully (indicating that I have >1 yr NOC A Canadian experience) but it would not generate a code to apply for BOWP..

How can I proceed from here? Please help! My work permit expires in 2 months :-X

roteaugen

Feb 8, 2017
Exactly same situation here. I got AOR today and tried to apply for BOWP, but can't even get through Questionnaire to determine eligibility due to the "System is down" error.

Tried cleaning cache/cookies; tried chrome/ie/edge/safari; windows/mac; home/workplace computers... none of them work and I still get the exact same error.

Not sure what to do now. I'm actually very surprised that not a lot of people are talking about this issue...

roteaugen

Feb 8, 2017
Hi I managed to solve the issue today. In my case, it is due to the wrong answer to the question "How long do you plan to stay in Canada" (I forgot the original wording). I mistakenly selected "permanently" whereas the actual answer should be "temporarily - more than 6 months". After all they are asking about how long would you stay in Canada on the visa you are applying. Too bad the IRCC website should've given a more meaning error message in this situation rather than "System is down".

Hope you may find that information useful.

nscola2016 said:
Thank you for replying. I have tried refreshing, clearing my cache, tried on a different device/network etc. I managed to get a personal reference code from "determine eligibility" page. However, when I used the code, I get the following message:
Validation error: Provide the necessary information below to continue.
Error Description: You already have an in progress application.

I think this is because I already submitted EE e-APR. And the code I got was directing me to apply for EE. I answer the questionnaire truthfully (indicating that I have >1 yr NOC A Canadian experience) but it would not generate a code to apply for BOWP..

How can I proceed from here? Please help! My work permit expires in 2 months :-X