+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Canadian experience Class

maher87

Sep 20, 2013
Hi

It's been almost one year since I'm here in Canada with a temporary work permit, and I heard that I can apply for CEC after one year full time working ( correct me if I'm wrong).

When I made a research about the requirement, I found out that I don't need LMO opinion. to apply. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Til the response of the CEC application comes and my temporary work permit soon to expire, I can apply for bridging work permit.

my question here, if the application for CEC doesn't need an LMO, does the bridging work permit need it ?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
maher87 said:
Hi

It's been almost one year since I'm here in Canada with a temporary work permit, and I heard that I can apply for CEC after one year full time working ( correct me if I'm wrong).

Correct. 12 months of full-time skilled ( NOC A,B or 0 ) are required.

When I made a research about the requirement, I found out that I don't need LMO opinion. to apply. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Correct. You don't need a LMO, but you must've held a valid work permit for the duration of your work experience.

Til the response of the CEC application comes and my temporary work permit soon to expire, I can apply for bridging work permit.

Yes, about 8 weeks after you file your CEC application you will get your AOR from CIC and with that you
become eligible for the BOWP.

my question here, if the application for CEC doesn't need an LMO, does the bridging work permit need it ?

No, the BOWP is an open work permit and not bound to an employer and therefore you don't
need a LMO from HRSDC.
Check comments in red above.
Hope it helps.

Cheers

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
cecbear said:
Just a note that current trends for AOR seems to be around 2 months.
Thanks for pointing that out. Was a mistake on my side, shoulda posted 8 weeks.
I'll change my post.

maher87

Sep 20, 2013
Oh Thanks for your quick reply,

one more question, what do you mean exactly by "full-time skilled ( NOC A,B or 0 ) are required", that my job has a NOC Code ?

PS: 8 weeks isn't 2 months :)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
maher87 said:
Oh Thanks for your quick reply,

one more question, what do you mean exactly by "full-time skilled ( NOC A,B or 0 ) are required", that my job has a NOC Code ?

PS: 8 weeks isn't 2 months :)
Your job has to be NOC A, B or 0.

maher87

Sep 20, 2013
ok thank you very much, I made a research and I found the NOC code related to my JOB, in class A 2175.

so It seems fine to start the procedure to apply for CEC.

Thanks again :)

JPMH_CEC_2013

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with file
There is also a bit of documentation to do. Since, you are work in a NOC A job, you need to score '6' in all sections of IELTS General Module Exam or Band '2H' in all sections of a CELPIP exam. Also, you need your job offer letter, paystubs and 2 reference letters from your company describing your job responsibilities.
These are mandatory things, without which you will not recieve your AOR. Good Luck!! :)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
JPMH_CEC_2013 said:
There is also a bit of documentation to do. Since, you are work in a NOC A job, you need to score '6' in all sections of IELTS General Module Exam or Band '2H' in all sections of a CELPIP exam. Also, you need your job offer letter, paystubs and 2 reference letters from your company describing your job responsibilities.
These are mandatory things, without which you will not recieve your AOR. Good Luck!! :)
4L for CELPIP test you mean? 2H is not correct.

Priority

Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
05-11-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
5-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
2-Apr-2014
VISA ISSUED...
4-Apr-2014
JPMH_CEC_2013 said:
For CELPIP-General Test, he will need at least 4L in all modules instead of 2H.
One reference letter would be enough if held only possition during period of employment. He will have to make sure that the job responsibilities, part time or full time, salary gross or hourly rate, period of employment are described...

maher87

Sep 20, 2013
JPMH_CEC_2013 said:
oh yeah, it says up-to-date letter of reference from your past and current employer for the last 3 years.
but I only made internships, an internship certificate will work ?

and it should be original, or copy will do. (because the originals are in my home country)

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
maher87 said:
oh yeah, it says up-to-date letter of reference from your past and current employer for the last 3 years.
but I only made internships, an internship certificate will work ?

and it should be original, or copy will do. (because the originals are in my home country)
Letters of reference are only required for work in Canada.

sumeetkarora

Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2013
Doc's Request.
29-04-2014
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
Med's Request
17-04-2014
Med's Done....
07-05-2014
Passport Req..
08-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-07-2014
LANDED..........
09-08-2014
Could you please explain a bit more on the part that says two reference letters are required?

JPMH_CEC_2013 said:

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
sumeetkarora said:
Could you please explain a bit more on the part that says two reference letters are required?
That's not correct. You don't need two reference letter, that is, if you've worked two different
jobs, then you need two letters.
One letter per employer is enough and you don't need job offer and pay stubs. Those are optional documents
and absolutely not required.