+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post arrival (after softlanding by road from usa) test for unvaccinated kid (above 5) requirement

coolusa

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Scenario: going for softlanding next week, unvaccinated kid (above 5) with vaccinated parents. Going inside Canada and will return back to USA in 2-3 hrs.
*Anybody recently went through this scenario*?

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/flying-canada-checklist/covid-19-testing-travellers-coming-into-canada#arrival-testing-vaccinated

Called CBSA (Detroit-Windsor Tunnel) today about this.
For unvaccinated kid (above5) , travelling with vaccinated with parents, They told no need to quarantine, with below requirements
1. RT PCR result 72 hrs before
2. No public gathering for kid
3. *Need to take a post arrival covid test* within 14 days of landing. They will give the test kit free. When I asked where/how to submit the test, they told it will be directed once they handover the test kit.

Next called the test provider of Ontario(Switch Health).They told unvaccinated kids (above 5) travelling with vaccinated parents *must* test within 14 days of arrival. They encourage to create account for all the members in the portal , so that if the traveller fell under randomized testing, they can use that account (otherwise use for the unvaccinated kid alone). They provided a drop off address (24 hrs) near to border where we need to put the test bottle.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Scenario: going for softlanding next week, unvaccinated kid (above 5) with vaccinated parents. Going inside Canada and will return back to USA in 2-3 hrs.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/flying-canada-checklist/covid-19-testing-travellers-coming-into-canada#arrival-testing-vaccinated

For unvaccinated kid (above5) , travelling with vaccinated with parents, They told no need to quarantine, with below requirements
3. *Need to take a post arrival covid test* within 14 days of landing. They will give the test kit free. When I asked where/how to submit the test, they told it will be directed once they handover the test kit.

Next called the test provider of Ontario(Switch Health).They told unvaccinated kids (above 5) travelling with vaccinated parents *must* test within 14 days of arrival. They encourage to create account for all the members in the portal , so that if the traveller fell under randomized testing, they can use that account (otherwise use for the unvaccinated kid alone). They provided a drop off address (24 hrs) near to border where we need to put the test bottle.
Hey, why don't you continue in one thread where you have posted your questions. If you are opening up multiple threads like this, you wont be getting the answers and different people keep replying to your questions in different threads and that doesn't make any sense. Please stick to one thread.

Bdw, the information that you got from Cbsa officers is the right info that you have to base on.

However, the post arrival covid test is not needed if you are returning back to US in 2-3 hours. But you will be given the test kit though.

coolusa

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Hey, why don't you continue in one thread where you have posted your questions. If you are opening up multiple threads like this, you wont be getting the answers and different people keep replying to your questions in different threads and that doesn't make any sense. Please stick to one thread.

Bdw, the information that you got from Cbsa officers is the right info that you have to base on.

However, the post arrival covid test is not needed if you are returning back to US in 2-3 hours. But you will be given the test kit though.
Thanks for your answer...I got this info lately, seemed like nobody experienced this. Sorry for opening multiple threads..
Did you recently experience this procedure?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Thanks for your answer...I got this info lately, seemed like nobody experienced this. Sorry for opening multiple threads..
No, i haven't gone through this procedure, But before the Canadian borders opened two months ago, few people had to quarantine once they did their soft landings, then there was this rule to check-in status daily through ArriveCan app, but they left before completing the quarantine and they needn't check-in daily once they left the country. Similarly, in your case, if you are leaving the country within 2-3 hours, testing is void. As long as you are staying inside Canada for 14days you need to submit the test. Again if you want to confirm this you can ask the same with Cbsa agent and they will confirm you.

Going2Can

Jun 25, 2020

Hi,

I went thru this in Sept. I travelled with unvaccinated child, and was asked to take a test for her at the border. Even though we had a negative test.
Since, they took the test at the border itself, we didnt have to drop it off at any location

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would make a lot more sense for you to soft land and return to the US instead of entering Canada for an hour or two. You would all need negative PCR covid tests but that’s it.