+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post-AOR Step By Step

Gman2018

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hi everyone

I recently found this online and I felt I needed to share this. Please note this is not my work so please check out their website if you're looking for more info. Hope this helps you as it's helped me:

BG Check and medical status and its meaning post-AOR

Generally, your application will follow the below path after the submission.

1. BG Check: Not Applicable (NA1)
  2. Medical passed – (MEP)
  3. BG Check In Progress (IP1) – R10 check is done here.
  4. BG Check: Not Applicable (NA2) – Eligibility check is done here.
  5. BG Check: In Progress (IP2) –
  6. BG Check: Not Applicable (NA3) – Sometimes this doesn’t come
  7. PPR: Passport Request
  8. CoPR: Confirmation of Permanent Residence
So it is in below order

AOR – NA1 – MEP – IP1 – NA2 – IP2 – NA3 – PPR – CoPR

AOR: This is a letter you will get within 24 hours after submission of your PR application.

NA1: “Not applicable“. This will be your BG status message as soon as you submit and get AOR. Typically, this will be status till the time you get your medical passed status.

MEP: “You passed the medical exam“. This will generally happen after approx 25-30 days after your AOR. For PNP applicants it can take more time generally.

IP1: This will happen one or two days after your medical. Sometimes on the same day itself. BG status message in this stage will be “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”. CIC agents will do R10, criminality checks during this stage. Once they feel everything is good then they will change it to NA. These things will happen at CIO Office (Centralized Intake Office).

NA2: “Not applicable“. This will signify that IP1 is completed. Sometimes IP1 will take few hours and if we have not checked our account during the time it was in IP1, it won’t be possible to know that we are in NA1 or NA2. Our file will be transferred to CPC (Case Processing Center) where agents will do eligibility assessments. If they feel everything is okay, then they will provide their recommendation to Visa Officer and same time they will initiate Security Checks.

IP2: BG status message in this stage will be “We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information.“. Visa Officer starts reviewing or after reviewing all agents recommendations. On the same day, PPR request will be triggered if the applicant paid RPRF up front. These things will be done at CPC office.

Generally messages will be like below in IP2 status:

NA3: “Not applicable“. This will signify that IP2 is completed. This status is not visible is many cases and direct PPR request is placed from IP2.

PPR: Passport Request. You will get an email for that and you may not get an update in your CIC account for this.

ADR: Sometimes an additional document is requested in IP1 or IP2 stage. An email, as well as message in your CIC account, will be sent.

Source:
https://immiknowhow.com/2017/07/16/bg-and-medical-status-and-its-meaning-post-aor/
Thanks for this post. I wish to know more about IP2 and what happens during that stage.

mbalsara

Mar 7, 2017
Hi guys.. I just got nominated.. though checked a few forums, I am not able to understand whether medical test has to be done before submitting pr application or later. Do they ask us to do it?
Thanks

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
Hi guys.. I just got nominated.. though checked a few forums, I am not able to understand whether medical test has to be done before submitting pr application or later. Do they ask us to do it?
Thanks
Congratulations on your nomination ! You will get 600 points in your Express Entry profile which will ensure that you get an Invitation to Apply (ITA) when the next Express Entry Draw takes place.

After getting the ITA you will need to do the Upfront Medical Exam at a clinic recognised by CIC for this purpose. After completing the medical you will get from the clinic, on the same day before you leave, an e.medical Information Sheet which you will need to scan and upload with your PR application. GL

mbalsara

Mar 7, 2017
Congratulations on your nomination ! You will get 600 points in your Express Entry profile which will ensure that you get an Invitation to Apply (ITA) when the next Express Entry Draw takes place.

After getting the ITA you will need to do the Upfront Medical Exam at a clinic recognised by CIC for this purpose. After completing the medical you will get from the clinic, on the same day before you leave, an e.medical Information Sheet which you will need to scan and upload with your PR application. GL
Thanks so much for that quick response. Made things clear for me!

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
Thanks so much for that quick response. Made things clear for me!
You may also want to know that once the Express Entry draw takes place, you will not immediately see the ITA in your inbox or email. It takes an hour to max 24 hours for the ITA to be sent out. So wait peacefully :)

ssandy17

Jun 6, 2018
Hi everyone

I recently found this online and I felt I needed to share this. Please note this is not my work so please check out their website if you're looking for more info. Hope this helps you as it's helped me:

BG Check and medical status and its meaning post-AOR

Generally, your application will follow the below path after the submission.

1. BG Check: Not Applicable (NA1)
  2. Medical passed – (MEP)
  3. BG Check In Progress (IP1) – R10 check is done here.
  4. BG Check: Not Applicable (NA2) – Eligibility check is done here.
  5. BG Check: In Progress (IP2) –
  6. BG Check: Not Applicable (NA3) – Sometimes this doesn’t come
  7. PPR: Passport Request
  8. CoPR: Confirmation of Permanent Residence
So it is in below order

AOR – NA1 – MEP – IP1 – NA2 – IP2 – NA3 – PPR – CoPR

AOR: This is a letter you will get within 24 hours after submission of your PR application.

NA1: “Not applicable“. This will be your BG status message as soon as you submit and get AOR. Typically, this will be status till the time you get your medical passed status.

MEP: “You passed the medical exam“. This will generally happen after approx 25-30 days after your AOR. For PNP applicants it can take more time generally.

IP1: This will happen one or two days after your medical. Sometimes on the same day itself. BG status message in this stage will be “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”. CIC agents will do R10, criminality checks during this stage. Once they feel everything is good then they will change it to NA. These things will happen at CIO Office (Centralized Intake Office).

NA2: “Not applicable“. This will signify that IP1 is completed. Sometimes IP1 will take few hours and if we have not checked our account during the time it was in IP1, it won’t be possible to know that we are in NA1 or NA2. Our file will be transferred to CPC (Case Processing Center) where agents will do eligibility assessments. If they feel everything is okay, then they will provide their recommendation to Visa Officer and same time they will initiate Security Checks.

IP2: BG status message in this stage will be “We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information.“. Visa Officer starts reviewing or after reviewing all agents recommendations. On the same day, PPR request will be triggered if the applicant paid RPRF up front. These things will be done at CPC office.

Generally messages will be like below in IP2 status:

NA3: “Not applicable“. This will signify that IP2 is completed. This status is not visible is many cases and direct PPR request is placed from IP2.

PPR: Passport Request. You will get an email for that and you may not get an update in your CIC account for this.

ADR: Sometimes an additional document is requested in IP1 or IP2 stage. An email, as well as message in your CIC account, will be sent.

Source:
https://immiknowhow.com/2017/07/16/bg-and-medical-status-and-its-meaning-post-aor/

HEY, SO MY CIC ACCOUNT WON'T REQUEST FOR THE PASSPORT, BUT I WILL GET AN EMAIL????????

saha2257

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Guys do we have any post outlining , how to fill the form accurately and document submission .

1. I am curious to know "address history" how accurate it needs to be or does a week or so is fine to be skipped like between moves . I stayed in hotel .

2. Job history , what if I have gap of few days or a job which I have not included in the main express entry because I worked for few months and I left so I don't have experience letter but I have salary slips

ninjarider

Feb 22, 2018
I have a different case compared to what most of the applicants are going through

My AOR is 28 March 2018
Medical pass and IP1 on April 7
IP2 April 20 (bg check in progress)
Ghost Update:June 16 (saw status as updated but no changes/messages inside application)

When I called IRCC customer care yesterday they mentioned my criminality bg check is done and security check in progress.
My application is in CIO Sydney NS

My question is shouldn't security check be completed during IP1 itself?

Last edited:

Mikias

Star Member
Jun 14, 2018
How long did it take you to move from AOR to MEP?
Application status ----- We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility ----- We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results ---- You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documents --- We do not need additional documents.

Interview ---- You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics ---- We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check ---- Not applicable.

Final decision ----- Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

I am in which state to get my visa I applied for student visa
?

premchandar.au

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
What is stage is it if - Additional Document Required - Not applicable//// BG Check in progress? Presumably IP2. During IP2, it is already sent to the local visa office. I am an Indian currently residing in Singapore - Does that mean my visa office is Singapore by default?

Mikias

Star Member
Jun 14, 2018
Are u a PNP applicant?
How did it go?
My case is still same as above. Medical Passed and the BG message is same as in IP2. Its been 49 days so far. So I am keeping my cool. Fingers crossed.
What about you? Any further update?

nishatmohamedfami

Star Member
Aug 4, 2018
I have got my AOR on June 8th ...These are the response which i have got from the IVR.
1. We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirement.
2.We do not need additional documents.
3. You have passed the medical exam.
4. You do not need an interview.
5.You do not need any fingerprint.
6. The review of your background check has not started yet.

Could you please tell me which stage like IP1/IP2 , I should be right now????.....and how long to be expected for PPR??/?

Mikias

Star Member
Jun 14, 2018
I have got my AOR on June 8th ...These are the response which i have got from the IVR.
1. We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirement.
2.We do not need additional documents.
3. You have passed the medical exam.
4. You do not need an interview.
5.You do not need any fingerprint.
6. The review of your background check has not started yet.

Could you please tell me which stage like IP1/IP2 , I should be right now????.....and how long to be expected for PPR??/?
IP1... I think you are pretty much close to IP2