Possible to withdraw after AOR ??

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can I withdraw my application after submitting e-APR and receiving AOR ??

Would the fees be refunded if it's possible to withdraw and I decide to do so ??

Biggeee

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2016
AOR Received.
Dec. 1, 2016
Med's Request
passed Jan. 22 2017
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
March 2
VISA ISSUED...
March 6
LANDED..........
March 10
i contemplated doing that too, it doesn't look like it is a good idea.
Anyways, I called the help to find out and i got the reply below:

Please do not reply to this email.

Date: 2016-12-22

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Withdrawal of application - Centralized Intake Office - Sydney
To submit a withdrawal request, you must send a signed withdrawal letter to the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia, or fill out the IRCC Web form available on our website. Your letter/email must include the following information:
Your name,
Your date of birth,
Your address,
The date you sent your application,
Your client ID/UCI (if you have one),
The type of application (e.g., caregiver),
The reason for the withdrawal, and
A copy of the e-Payment receipt or a copy of both sides of the payment receipt form (IMM 5401).
If applicable, you have to write Withdrawal of Application on the envelope and send it to the CIO in Sydney. For their contact information, please visit our website.
The office will review your letter and let you know if your request to withdraw has been accepted. Please note that a withdrawal request will only be considered if permanent residence status has not yet been given.
The amount of the refund, if approved, will depend on the processing stage of your application:
If the processing of your application has not started, you will be refunded the total amount.
If the processing of your application has started, only the RPRF will be refunded.
If your withdrawal request is accepted, a refund should be issued within 16 weeks. If applicable, it will be given to the person identified as the payer. If it should be given to someone else, you have to give the name and address of that person in your request.

The information in this email is meant to assist you in understanding the immigration and citizenship policies and/or procedures. If you plan on consulting this email again at a future date, please visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca to ensure that you have the most current information.

I would also like to suggest other online services that you might find helpful:
Download application forms and guides
Change of address
Check your application status
Help Centre to find answers to your questions

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahh never mind I think I will go with my application.

I am little skeptical about my foreign experience as,even though it's legit, there are several doubt surrounding that experience.

My CRS without foreign experience is 453 so I wanted to withdraw the application I submitted and wait for next draw because there is high chance of next cut off could be around 453, but then again my pgwp is expiring end of Feb and could potentially expire before I get ITA at 453.

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Batman_is_Real said:

I am little skeptical about my foreign experience as,even though it's legit, there are several doubt surrounding that experience.

My CRS without foreign experience is 453 so I wanted to withdraw the application I submitted and wait for next draw because there is high chance of next cut off could be around 453, but then again my pgwp is expiring end of Feb and could potentially expire before I get ITA at 453.
if your PGWP is expiring in coming Feb then it would be a huge risk ,however if you do decline it/cancel it you could get an ITA in next draw with the latest trend , but then again there is never a "trend" in CIC

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
and the unfortunate thing is , you cannot reach CIC in any way directly/instantly ; with an email to which you will get a response in a week or two .

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
Batman_is_Real said:

I don't think this would be a good idea as you never know what the future holds... this was McCallums last draw and may be he went big to make a good impression... it could be tha Ahmed will start shyly with draws of 750 only whcih would make the CRS climb back up again.

The best thing to do is to stick to your current WE and prepare as best as you can for what ever doubts may arise. Perhaps you'd like to share what worries you and get the forums opinion on what you should do... just a suggestion.

Good luck friend.

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
g126 said:
Perhaps you'd like to share what worries you and get the forums opinion on what you should do... just a suggestion.

Good luck friend.
Below are the doubts I have regarding the points I claimed for my foreign expereince.

1. I have never mentioned that work experience when I applied for Study or Work Permit.

2. Work experience is NOC 2174 and I am not sure if I was eligible to work/claim in the NOC 2174 profession. (I claimed points from June 2010 but my first degree in computer science or programming was June 2011, so I have doubts if I meet NOC 2174 criteria or not to claim 1 year experience prior to June 2011)

3. During time of my employment I worked remotely 90% of the time so hardly few of my colleague knew about me and most of them have already left the company so if IRCC decide to cross examine or does personal inquiry I am not sure how it's going to end up. There is only my manager is working there who has signed and provided me reference letter, except for that letter I don't have any other proof as well like pay stub because I was paid in cash.

So this all three doubts I have is constantly keeping me up at night, and fear of my application being labeled as misrepresentation is killing me.

Few threads I have created for all of this doubts.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/urgent-plz-help-can-i-claim-this-work-experience-t467915.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/foreign-exp-didnt-show-in-study-permit-can-i-use-that-in-ee-t464916.0.html

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
Batman_is_Real said:
Below are the doubts I have regarding the points I claimed for my foreign expereince.

1. I have never mentioned that work experience when I applied for Study or Work Permit. This is fine as you didn't need to claim points then!

2. Work experience is NOC 2174 and I am not sure if I was eligible to work/claim in the NOC 2174 profession. (I claimed points from June 2010 but my first degree in computer science or programming was June 2011, so I have doubts if I meet NOC 2174 criteria or not to claim 1 year experience prior to June 2011) This is a problem as NOC 2174 is a skill A NOC and typically requires a degree, see here:

Employment requirements
A bachelor's degree in computer science or in another discipline with a significant programming component
or
Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
Specialization in programming for engineering and scientific applications requires specific post-secondary study or experience.
IRCC may probably consider your 1st year of work as a internship, and those don't classify as skilled work - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=394&top=29

You could argue that by the time you started you had acquired the knowledge to be proficient at the job and you're working 8 hours a day (finishing up your higher education in the evenings)... This may work, but it's tricky! Search for threads that discuss this and pose the question.

3. During time of my employment I worked remotely 90% of the time so hardly few of my colleague knew about me and most of them have already left the company so if IRCC decide to cross examine or does personal inquiry I am not sure how it's going to end up. There is only my manager is working there who has signed and provided me reference letter, except for that letter I don't have any other proof as well like pay stub because I was paid in cash. Again not to worry as they will contact your manager if they need (his contact details are on the letter right) who will provide your reference, but let me get this straight, if they were to call the RH dept and ask about you, would the RH dept know you WORKED there? If not is this sort of arrangement common in you country?

So this all three doubts I have is constantly keeping me up at night, and fear of my application being labeled as misrepresentation is killing me.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/urgent-plz-help-can-i-claim-this-work-experience-t467915.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/foreign-exp-didnt-show-in-study-permit-can-i-use-that-in-ee-t464916.0.html

See above in red!

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
g126 said:
IRCC may probably consider your 1st year of work as a internship, and those don't classify as skilled work - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=394&top=29

You could argue that by the time you started you had acquired the knowledge to be proficient at the job and you're working 8 hours a day (finishing up your higher education in the evenings)... This may work, but it's tricky! Search for threads that discuss this and pose the question.

3. During time of my employment I worked remotely 90% of the time so hardly few of my colleague knew about me and most of them have already left the company so if IRCC decide to cross examine or does personal inquiry I am not sure how it's going to end up. There is only my manager is working there who has signed and provided me reference letter, except for that letter I don't have any other proof as well like pay stub because I was paid in cash. Again not to worry as they will contact your manager if they need (his contact details are on the letter right) who will provide your reference, but let me get this straight, if they were to call the RH dept and ask about you, would the RH dept know you WORKED there? If not is this sort of arrangement common in you country?

See above in red!
Some clarification

2. I was working one year (june 2010 - june 2011) part time 20/hr week. Employment requirement doesn't apply that I was told by some senior members. (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/urgent-plz-help-can-i-claim-this-work-experience-t467915.0.html) Also this is out side of canada so the the answer you suggested is only for CEC and not applicable.

3. The company is private and doesn't really have HR deptartment, but I don't think anyone except my manager would really know if I was there.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
Well if Raj, DelPiero07 and Kryt0n all agree then I think your good to go my friend! Sleep well tonight and rest assured that these points shouldn't worry you.

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
g126 said:
Well if Raj, DelPiero07 and Kryt0n all agree then I think your good to go my friend! Sleep well tonight and rest assured that these points shouldn't worry you.
I know I trust all those guys plus got advise from Asivad as well and only because of these advise I submitted my application but it's just something I can't take off my mind.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
Batman_is_Real said:
I know I trust all those guys plus got advise from Asivad as well and only because of these advise I submitted my application but it's just something I can't take off my mind.
Don't worry you should be fine!

darkmago

Oct 25, 2017
hamilton, On. canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
Doc's Request.
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
IELTS Request
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2018
LANDED..........
17-07-2018
hi excuse me

I need to withdraw, my question is, how long does it take to get the update in my profile?