+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible to do PR soft landing and return back to the US on the same day?

Jun 13, 2019
My husband and I have an approved COPR expiring on 17th July. We are unable to go to Canada before the expiration due to the quarantine requirement and also the concerns regarding H1B restrictions. We have submitted a webform to IRCC stating our inability to travel but haven't heard back. I read on a post here that someone was able to do soft landing and return back to the US on the same day without quarantine. Is that a viable option? Do only certain locations along the border allow it (any location in the northeast US)? If someone can shed some light on this it will be much appreciated. Thanks.

umyla2

Apr 18, 2017
My husband and I have an approved COPR expiring on 17th July. We are unable to go to Canada before the expiration due to the quarantine requirement and also the concerns regarding H1B restrictions. We have submitted a webform to IRCC stating our inability to travel but haven't heard back. I read on a post here that someone was able to do soft landing and return back to the US on the same day without quarantine. Is that a viable option? Do only certain locations along the border allow it (any location in the northeast US)? If someone can shed some light on this it will be much appreciated. Thanks.
Hi

Were you able to figure this out? I am in the same situation, and would like to come back the same day.

Thanks

umyla2

Apr 18, 2017
We have not received any response from IRCC yet. We are going to try and do soft landing this weekend.
Will you know what happens.
Thanks for keeping us posted, I know a couple of them have been able to do it from seattle peach arch, but i am in eastcoast as well and need to get in in the next couple of months. :)

Jun 13, 2019
Keep in mind it is CBSA who manage the border and decide who can come in or soft land not IRCC
We did soft landing yesterday and completed the PR card process at border. CBSA let us come back to USA. We did soft landing at Peace Bridge Buffalo,NY location. Soon going to post the full experience about the landing in this forum.

Last edited: