+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible to apply for TRV if from visa exempt country?

MandiF

Sep 7, 2010
Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
05-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2011
LANDED..........
25-02-2011
potcakes said:
I am from the UK, and I got a TRV which lasted from April 09 to Feb 2011. It doesn't authorise re entry, howver i have come and gone on it and it has helped. When I got my open work permit they took my TRV off me and said i could now use that. Just make sure you have copies of every bit of paperwork you have.
good luck :)
How come you got a TVR for such a long time period? And how/where did you apply for it?

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Yep....check the Airline. Canada has a law that if anyone is found inadmissible to Canada, the Airline that bought them, must also take them back....at no charge.

So some Airlines can be very strict about whom is allowed to board. My son, who is a PR, is currently in the UK staying with my parents for a few months. He booked one way to the UK. He has now booked a one way flight back to Canada for January 2011, the booking agent for Air Canada insisted on a copy of his PR card, before they would except the payment for the one way ticket back to Canada.

I believe this has nothing to do with Canada, nor the immigration officers but more to do with the Airline.

potcakes

Star Member
Sep 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got REAL lucky! Halifax airport is a small place I ended up getting the same IO. She decided it would be easier if she just gave me a TRV on the grounds my other half was canadian and i would be applying for my PR. At the time the Inland route was quick haha,however by the time I got all the paperwork together it had gone from 4/5 months to 8/9 AARRGGHHH. As I said it did not authorise reentry however I did show it, and it did help! (I think!) the only time I left was this summer when my dad got sick. I showed them all my paperwork, but the only bit the IO was interested in was the TRV (this was before I got my work permit).
You may just want to ask and explain the situation at the secondary interview section. What ever happens GOOD LUCK :)

Patricksgirls

Star Member
Oct 31, 2010
Canuky said:
If I were you, I would fly to States on the one-way ticket and bus to Canada. You shouldn't have any issues if you are on the bus to Canada from US, with a one-way bus ticket. I have seen a Dutch citizen being deported for entering Canada as a visitor on a one-way ticket.
When I got my visitor record for two weeks it was on a bus to Winnepeg one way....