+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible? Thoughts? Get job as immigrant in Canada without PR and living in India (Machine learning)

Sal Mohammed

Feb 15, 2019
hi now let me elaborate;
With 1.5 years experience in Machine learning working in India, with the ability to get a PR when I do apply... , how likely is it to get jobs in Canada in that field sitting in India?
PS. I am not the most financially ‘well off’ so a job before coming to Canada with a PR would be great! Of course it depends on my skill level, but sound off in the comments :)

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
If you do a search on the forum(no machine learning models required ) you will find many answers to this question. It is not impossible to get a job but highly unlikely that an employer would hire you when you do not have a PR yet .

One way is to convince your existing employer to transfer you(if they have an office in Canada). If not apply for PR and then make the move (even without a job) as tens of thousands of other immigrants have done in the past.
Analytics is a growing industry and there are lot of opportunities in the major cities especially in Toronto.

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
hi now let me elaborate;
With 1.5 years experience in Machine learning working in India, with the ability to get a PR when I do apply... , how likely is it to get jobs in Canada in that field sitting in India?
PS. I am not the most financially ‘well off’ so a job before coming to Canada with a PR would be great! Of course it depends on my skill level, but sound off in the comments :)
Why would any employer go to that length when talent in machine learning is readily available in Canada? Do you have any specific, unique skills?

Reactions: foodie69

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
hi now let me elaborate;
Your field of experience is definitely interesting and there's a demand for that skill here - but again the process for sponsoring applicants from abroad is very painful and most employers won't be willing to go through it. Its not that hard to find someone with 1.5 years experience in Machine Learning here in Canada, another easy option for employers is to hire a good local Programmer/or a motivated Fresh Graduate and train him/her.

If you are confident that you qualify for a PR and you're really interested in immigrating you should apply and get it. The CRS cutoff now is higher than it used to be 2 years ago (i.e. with time it becomes more difficult to immigrate).

You also have the flexibility of up to 3 years to live abroad once you become a PR...i.e. you can land, go back to India to do whatever you need to do and then move permanently in 2 or 3 years when you have more savings and more work experience to compete in Canada's job market.