1312 and 2171
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2016
Doc's Request.
March 24, 2017
AOR Received.
June 04, 2017
Hello,

Directly into topic as I am totally stressed and am not able to do anything because of tension. :-\ This is not about a specific job code, but about the scenario that I am facing. Kindly read through and give me suggestion as I think I may have to decline the long awaited ITA :mad:

* My CRS score is 445 and got the ITA in the last draw where the required score was 441. I can get 11 more points in a month after completion of my wife ECA and IELTS, totalling 457.

* I had given my NOC code as 2171, as I found 'Management Information System' Analyst in the job description and my role in the company is the same. The NOC description is given below and I have bolded relevant points.

2171 - Information systems analysts and consultants

Information systems analysts and consultants analyze systems requirements, develop and implement information systems development plans, policies and procedures, and provide advice on a wide range of information systems issues. They are employed in information technology consulting firms and in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors, or they may be self-employed.

Illustrative example(s)
computer systems analyst
informatics consultant
informatics security analyst
information systems business analyst
information systems quality assurance analyst
IT (information technology) consultant
management information systems (MIS) analyst
systems auditor
systems consultant
systems security analyst

Main duties
Information systems business analysts and consultants confer with clients to identify and document requirements, conduct business and technical studies, design, develop, integrate and implement information systems business solutions, and provide advice on information systems strategy, policy, management, security and service delivery. - I have quoted only relevant duty related with management information systems (MIS) analyst.

Employment requirements
A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration or a related discipline
or
""Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required
Experience as a computer programmer is usually required.
Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers."" - - Can't support these.

------------------
I am a Commerce bachelor (B.Com) and not a bachelor in business administration. But I have MBA (Master of Business Administration). But I read and heard now that 2171 is more for Engineering graduates.

Now the problem is that I had updated 2171 by just seeing the Title at the time of updating express entry profile. Eventhough I do MIS works, now I do more of accounts related works( Yes, MIS people do some account works in my company) which has the code 1431, which is not at all a match with job code 2171. The chances of getting a matching code reference letter for 2171 is less.

My consultant is now saying (and I read a lot in canadavisa forum) that 2171 is more for guys who are into programming and deeply into computers. I think and mostly sure that I will get rejected if I use job code 2171. Instead, I want to change it to 1431 (Billing clerk). But my manager will not mention that I am a billing clerk (as I am a MIS analyst on paper), but he might give exact roles of 1431.

My worries.

1. Should I take a chance by continuing with current profile?

2. If I change my job code to entirely different one (I got the ITA already), I will get rejected because I cannot support it in LOE, isn't it?

3. I am planning to decline this ITA and wait for a next one. As I can make my score into 457 in around a month, is it a better idea to decline? Can I expect an ITA in some months?

4. If I put a different NOC in next express entry profile (that I am going to create after declining the current one) and if I get ITA, will CIC verify my current profile and find the mismatch? i mean, will CIC check the declined profile and find that the job code entered in the new profile is entirely different from the old one and will kick out my profile if at all I receive an ITA again?

5. Chances of getting ITA after rejecting one is lesser?

Kindly reply (all of my queries if possible) as me and my family are fully tensed and do not know what to do.

-----------------------------------

Srushti

Oct 25, 2016
Los Angeles, California
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
Doc's Request.
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2017
1. From the time you create your EE, any changes you make till the time you get your PPR everything gets recorded in the GCMS notes and the visa officer can go through all of it.
2. NOC match is always for the roles/job duties you have performed and not necessarily for the job title.
3. Your job duties mentioned in the reference letter should match with the job duties of the NOC you selected.
4. LOE is the best weapon to defend your case if you are confident enough with supporting documents.

alzs-

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Srushti said:
1. From the time you create your EE, any changes you make till the time you get your PPR everything gets recorded in the GCMS notes and the visa officer can go through all of it.
2. NOC match is always for the roles/job duties you have performed and not necessarily for the job title.
3. Your job duties mentioned in the reference letter should match with the job duties of the NOC you selected.
4. LOE is the best weapon to defend your case if you are confident enough with supporting documents.
Have you consider writing yourself the reference letter listing the duties, making sure they more or less match the duties, and then asking your manager to sign? Title is irrelevant, duties are what matters.

I worked for my last employer for almost 8 years in different roles and NOCs. I wrote the letter and asked HR and my last superior to sign it.

ajufsd

Mar 21, 2017
Bangalore and Kerala
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Desi office in India
NOC Code......
1312 and 2171
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2016
Doc's Request.
March 24, 2017
AOR Received.
June 04, 2017
Srushti said:
Hi Srushti,

My problem is that I selected an NOC code based on the designation. This was a mistake from my side. Per designation I am 2171, but after getting ITA when I looked into the description, I realized that I am doing more of a different noc role, which is 1431.

I can get an employee letter matching with 1431, but not 2171. So I can't explain in LOE why I had given a very different NOC code on my EE profile and why I am changing it after ITA.

So I am thinking to decline. Would you suggest to put noc 1431 in my next profile or u suggest to continue with the current situation, trying to get a matching refernce letter for 2171?

-------------------------

CRS 445

ajufsd

Mar 21, 2017
Bangalore and Kerala
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Desi office in India
NOC Code......
1312 and 2171
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2016
Doc's Request.
March 24, 2017
AOR Received.
June 04, 2017
alzs- said:
Have you consider writing yourself the reference letter listing the duties, making sure they more or less match the duties, and then asking your manager to sign? Title is irrelevant, duties are what matters.

I worked for my last employer for almost 8 years in different roles and NOCs. I wrote the letter and asked HR and my last superior to sign it.
Hello Alzs,

So you suggest me to go ahead with the current NOC, trying to get a reference letter of matching, is it?

But can education will pull me back? They are asking for "A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration or a related discipline". I am a Commerce bachelor. But I hold Masters in business administration.

Also,

"
OR
Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required
Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers." - I have none of these.

But for NOC 1431, I have everything to support my points.

-----------------------

CRS 445

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
ajufsd said:
I am a Commerce bachelor (B.Com) and not a bachelor in business administration. But I have MBA (Master of Business Administration). But I read and heard now that 2171 is more for Engineering graduates.

No, not entirely true. Systems analysts have varied backgrounds.

Now the problem is that I had updated 2171 by just seeing the Title at the time of updating express entry profile. Eventhough I do MIS works, now I do more of accounts related works( Yes, MIS people do some account works in my company) which has the code 1431, which is not at all a match with job code 2171. The chances of getting a matching code reference letter for 2171 is less.

Those are wildly different jobs, are you certain you are doing the duties of NOC 1431? Because 1431 is skill level C and therefore not eligible.

My consultant is now saying (and I read a lot in canadavisa forum) that 2171 is more for guys who are into programming and deeply into computers. I think and mostly sure that I will get rejected if I use job code 2171.

Again, not true. You will only get rejected if your job duties and responsibilities do not match with the NOC.

Instead, I want to change it to 1431 (Billing clerk). But my manager will not mention that I am a billing clerk (as I am a MIS analyst on paper), but he might give exact roles of 1431.

NOC 1431 is not eligible, it is not classified as a skilled occupation.

What kind of work permit do you have? Is it employer-specific, and does it show an NOC?

ajufsd

Mar 21, 2017
Bangalore and Kerala
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Desi office in India
NOC Code......
1312 and 2171
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2016
Doc's Request.
March 24, 2017
AOR Received.
June 04, 2017
Hi Jes_ON,

No, not entirely true. Systems analysts have varied backgrounds.

Those are wildly different jobs, are you certain you are doing the duties of NOC 1431? Because 1431 is skill level C and therefore not eligible.

My consultant is now saying (and I read a lot in canadavisa forum) that 2171 is more for guys who are into programming and deeply into computers. I think and mostly sure that I will get rejected if I use job code 2171.

Again, not true. You will only get rejected if your job duties and responsibilities do not match with the NOC.

Instead, I want to change it to 1431 (Billing clerk). But my manager will not mention that I am a billing clerk (as I am a MIS analyst on paper), but he might give exact roles of 1431.

Those are wildly different jobs, are you certain you are doing the duties of NOC 1431? Because 1431 is skill level C and therefore not eligible + NOC 1431 is not eligible, it is not classified as a skilled occupation.
- Thank you for letting me know that there is no use in trying with the job code 1431. Just now only I checked it and I came to know that it is a level C job. This filters the options available to a solution.

What kind of work permit do you have? Is it employer-specific, and does it show an NOC?
Actually I didn't get this question. I am a permanent employee. I am into Management Information System analysis. But because of office requirement, currently handling accounts.

Now the option available with me is to get matching Reference letter to NOC 2171, is it?

Divya1002

Oct 2, 2018
I Created EE profile and chose 2173 noc while making EE profile and got nomination from Ontario last year and that profile was active in pool for 20 days ?but later I realised and deleted that profile and created new And noc 1224.. mkt manager ..Since then I m in pool .. can choosing drastically wrong noc before ITA will effect my application? If cic checks old deleted profiles ? That was a drastic change in noc due to a mistake from software engineering to marketing manager … but I have not got ITA .. Can be a problem ?? Please please answer

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
I Created EE profile and chose 2173 noc while making EE profile and got nomination from Ontario last year and that profile was active in pool for 20 days ?but later I realised and deleted that profile and created new And noc 1224.. mkt manager ..Since then I m in pool .. can choosing drastically wrong noc before ITA will effect my application? If cic checks old deleted profiles ? That was a drastic change in noc due to a mistake from software engineering to marketing manager … but I have not got ITA .. Can be a problem ?? Please please answer
No issues!

Judy11

Mar 13, 2019
Hello,

Directly into topic as I am totally stressed and am not able to do anything because of tension. :-\ This is not about a specific job code, but about the scenario that I am facing. Kindly read through and give me suggestion as I think I may have to decline the long awaited ITA :mad:

* My CRS score is 445 and got the ITA in the last draw where the required score was 441. I can get 11 more points in a month after completion of my wife ECA and IELTS, totalling 457.

* I had given my NOC code as 2171, as I found 'Management Information System' Analyst in the job description and my role in the company is the same. The NOC description is given below and I have bolded relevant points.

Information systems analysts and consultants analyze systems requirements, develop and implement information systems development plans, policies and procedures, and provide advice on a wide range of information systems issues. They are employed in information technology consulting firms and in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors, or they may be self-employed.

Illustrative example(s)
computer systems analyst
informatics consultant
systems auditor
systems consultant
systems security analyst

Main duties
Information systems business analysts and consultants confer with clients to identify and document requirements, conduct business and technical studies, design, develop, integrate and implement information systems business solutions, and provide advice on information systems strategy, policy, management, security and service delivery. - I have quoted only relevant duty related with management information systems (MIS) analyst.

Employment requirements
A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration or a related discipline
or
Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers."" - - Can't support these.

------------------

My consultant is now saying (and I read a lot in canadavisa forum) that 2171 is more for guys who are into programming and deeply into computers. I think and mostly sure that I will get rejected if I use job code 2171. Instead, I want to change it to 1431 (Billing clerk). But my manager will not mention that I am a billing clerk (as I am a MIS analyst on paper), but he might give exact roles of 1431.

My worries.

2. If I change my job code to entirely different one (I got the ITA already), I will get rejected because I cannot support it in LOE, isn't it?

3. I am planning to decline this ITA and wait for a next one. As I can make my score into 457 in around a month, is it a better idea to decline? Can I expect an ITA in some months?

4. If I put a different NOC in next express entry profile (that I am going to create after declining the current one) and if I get ITA, will CIC verify my current profile and find the mismatch? i mean, will CIC check the declined profile and find that the job code entered in the new profile is entirely different from the old one and will kick out my profile if at all I receive an ITA again?

Kindly reply (all of my queries if possible) as me and my family are fully tensed and do not know what to do.

I am in the same boat ..... Gave job code as 1311 but role that i as m doing is of an analyst .....

Judy11

Mar 13, 2019
Hello,

Illustrative example(s)
computer systems analyst
informatics consultant
systems auditor
systems consultant
systems security analyst

Main duties

Employment requirements
or

------------------

My worries.

Did u receive PR ???

Judy11

Mar 13, 2019
Hello,

Illustrative example(s)
computer systems analyst
informatics consultant
systems auditor
systems consultant
systems security analyst

Main duties

Employment requirements
or

------------------

My worries.

Did u get the pr

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
Hi All,

I would like to leave a long post for future applicants that might be in same situation as me.

AOR - 10th Nov., 2018
COPR - 5th June, 2019

Nationality - New Zealand citizen residing in Australia

I processed my application through a lawyer in Canada so most of the blunders below are not my fault even though I have to take ownership of these as I was supposed to double check everything and not just leave it all to him.

1) On 10th Nov. (a day after submitting my application) I found out (through Canadavisa.com) that I had submitted incorrect PCC for Australia.

I had uploaded Australian Federal Police Clearance obtained using the ‘purpose of reason’ as “33 – Immigration/Citizenship – for supply to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection” but after going through Canadavisaforum.com I realised the correct ‘purpose of reason’ required by IRCC is “35 – Overseas Employment/visas – for supply to a country other than Australia”. Straight away I requested new PCC, requested Australian Federal Police Dept. to expedite my request. Got it in 3 days and raised a CSE to upload the correct PCCs on 15th Nov. 2018. I was scared for next 30 days as R10 check happens in about 30-35 days post AOR and most people get rejections for incorrect documents (mostly incorrect PCCs) at this stage.

2) Cleared MEP on 11th Dec. 2018 and at the same time received an ADR to submit Mexican Police Clearance. I have to mention here I was asked for Mexican Police Clearance during my initial upload of documents as well but Mexico only issues PCCs if you have a request letter from IRCC. So in the place holder for Mexican Police Clearance I had uploaded a document stating I am unable to obtain PCC without IRCC request letter. So they sent that letter on 11th Dec., 2018. For Mexico police clearance there is 2 ways of obtaining it – through IRCC consulate in Mexico (takes about 60 days for entire process) or find a local lawyer that will obtain on your behalf. I submitted through both ways – Sent completed application to IRCC Mexico for PCC and also applied through lawyer. It took me a month to find a lawyer that understood English. Anyways lawyer took 11 days and I submitted the PCC at the end of Jan, 2019.

3) Ordered Notes on 2nd Feb. 2019. On 6th Feb. 2019, called IRCC to confirm if my Mexico PCC has been attached. The agent was super nice and told me my eligibility is ‘NOT MET’ due to NOC mismatch. It was a shock to me. Anyways I went back to my application, checked all the forms I had submitted and found out 2 major mistakes. 1st in my address history I had put in incorrect year of stay in Mexico. I was only in Mexico for 4 days but by mistake chose wrong year so my stay became 1 year and 4 days hence the stupid request for Mexican PCC. 2nd big blunder was choosing NOC code 2281 as opposed to 2282(which is my correct NOC). So I wrote a very detailed CSE requesting a NOC rectification and also address rectification. Even though it was my lawyer that did all the mistakes, I had to take ownership and fix those.

A week after I found out about these blunders, I fired my lawyer.

Feb. end I received my first set of GCMS notes and as per last notes by Case Processing Agent - ----------------------- Ml3

SUMMARY NOTES: CLIENT DID NOT MEET MEC AS THEY DID NOT PROVIDE ENOUGH EVIDENCE OF ATLEAST 1 YEAR WORK EXPERIENCE IN THE REQUIRED PRIMARY NOC. PRIMARY NOC ON APPLICATION IS 2281 - COMPUTER NETWORK TECHNICIANS AND ALL OF PA'S WORK EXPERIENCE IS IN NOC 2282- USER SUPPORT TECHNICIANS.

A11.2: NOT MET

It was just a waiting game after this until end of March, 2019 when my file moved to local VO in a mass file movement that happened.
I ordered notes End of March’19 – Still have not received them.
Re-ordered notes mid-May’19 – still have not received them.

Lessons Learnt:

Never use a lawyer but If you do never ever rely on them solely.

Check your application at least 10 times and always get a second set of eyes to proof read everything.

Very important – Start calling up IRCC around 3rd month mark. Order GCMS notes by end of 3rd month. PLEASE DO NOT , I repeat, DO NOT LISTEN TO ANYONE that tells you not to order notes as it has negative impact on your application. It is all bull****. Just imagine IRCC rejects your file for ordering notes, you take IRCC to court- How stupid would IRCC look in court…Just think logically and don’t listen to idiotic advice.

When I got Eligibility not met everyone started discouraging me, saying it is sure shot refusal. I didn’t give up because I knew even though I did commit silly mistakes, I had sent through CSEs requesting rectifications. So any agent/lawyer/person tells you not to raise CSE until IRCC asks for it, kick him/her out of the door before it is too late. Send CSEs regularly….

We created a Whatsapp group for ENM (as we called it) and supported each other positively so do talk to each other, lift each other’s spirits high. As I always said and will keep saying it “You will get there in the end, some sooner others bit later”.

All the best everyone. See you all on the other side……

I am more than happy to help anyone in similar situation to mine but please do not ask me to match up your NOCs…lol….