+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible PGWP refusal (Worked after graduation)

jarule

Jan 18, 2020
Hi,
PLEASE HELP

ISSUE
I am a bit worried that my PGWP might get rejected because of working under my study permit way after I graduated.

SOME NOTES
1. My Study permit is expiring on 29th of February 2020.
2. I have not yet applied for my PGWP (Planning to go to Niagra falls to do so due to urgency but I am afraid my application might get rejected)
3. I have ALL the requirements. prove of graduation, transcripts, passport copy etc.

HISTORY
I am a recent graduate from UofT. I did a four year degree. Through out my degree, I was a full time student. I worked one summer (2017 summer). I might have worked some small part-times that lasted a day or week that I honestly don`t remember.

My study permit was expiring on 31st of August 2019. I completed my classes on 31st of august but since I had not received my grades I could not apply for a post graduate work permit. So I extended my study permit, which was granted on 1st of October. My study permit was extended till 29th of February 2020. When I applied for extension of study permit, I was working part-time but did not indicate this part-time job in the section of past work experiences (It did not cross my mind to write this). I only wrote the 2017 summer job.

Fast forward to November I graduated, but I was extremely broke and the part-time job could only raise rent and I could not qualify for credit card since I was no longer a student and apparently my job was not a full time job( another long story)

So I continued with my job hunt and decided that I will borrow a friend money to go apply for PGWP at boarder once I get job prospects or before my study permit expires, whichever came first. I did not know at the time that I could be signing up for something illegal.

Now I was to go to the boarder but I just realized that I was working illegally because I worked on my study permit way after my study was done. I don`t know if it being a Part-time job matters. Honestly the part-time job like the month of December gave me no hours at all (I don`t even know how I survived - another long story).

THE QUESTION
Anyways now that I am planning to go FLAG POLL the boarder, will I get rejected because of WORKING past my graduation? Should I just put the one summer job that I did in 2017 in the space of past work experiences just the way I did in my study permit extension? Or should I include this part-time as well? OR should I just avoid the boarder completely? Please advice.

REASON WHY I WANT TO FLAG POLL AT THE BOARDER
The reason why I am going to the border is because my current study permit is expiring in a month's time and I saw in the website that they are currently processing September applications(I have lost job opportunities back in September before my study permit got extended, due to not having a physical work permit).

Note***
The parttime is still not giving me any hours at all regardless of the fact that I am still technically an employee there. In short, I am unemployed at the moment.

ANOTHER QUESTION (FLAG POLLING AT THE QUEENSTON-LEWISTON BRIDGE)

In case I go to the boarder, I am planning to go to QUEENSTON-LEWISTON BRIDGE . A friend told me she went at 10pm and got hers. So since there is no bus from toronto to Niagra falls that is earlier than 6AM or later than midnight, I am planning to go on Tuesday get there by 9pm, if they don`t process my PGWP, sleep there(Maybe like homeless I don`t know) and wake up early Wednesday and try again. So basically kill two birds with one stone. Is this advisable?

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE TO EVERYBODY WHO WILL TAKE TIME TO READ AND REPLY TO MY POST.

Nav_deep

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hi,
PLEASE HELP

ISSUE
I am a bit worried that my PGWP might get rejected because of working under my study permit way after I graduated.

SOME NOTES
2. I have not yet applied for my PGWP (Planning to go to Niagra falls to do so due to urgency but I am afraid my application might get rejected)
3. I have ALL the requirements. prove of graduation, transcripts, passport copy etc.

HISTORY
I am a recent graduate from UofT. I did a four year degree. Through out my degree, I was a full time student. I worked one summer (2017 summer). I might have worked some small part-times that lasted a day or week that I honestly don`t remember.

My study permit was expiring on 31st of August 2019. I completed my classes on 31st of august but since I had not received my grades I could not apply for a post graduate work permit. So I extended my study permit, which was granted on 1st of October. My study permit was extended till 29th of February 2020. When I applied for extension of study permit, I was working part-time but did not indicate this part-time job in the section of past work experiences (It did not cross my mind to write this). I only wrote the 2017 summer job.

Fast forward to November I graduated, but I was extremely broke and the part-time job could only raise rent and I could not qualify for credit card since I was no longer a student and apparently my job was not a full time job( another long story)

So I continued with my job hunt and decided that I will borrow a friend money to go apply for PGWP at boarder once I get job prospects or before my study permit expires, whichever came first. I did not know at the time that I could be signing up for something illegal.

Now I was to go to the boarder but I just realized that I was working illegally because I worked on my study permit way after my study was done. I don`t know if it being a Part-time job matters. Honestly the part-time job like the month of December gave me no hours at all (I don`t even know how I survived - another long story).

THE QUESTION
Anyways now that I am planning to go FLAG POLL the boarder, will I get rejected because of WORKING past my graduation? Should I just put the one summer job that I did in 2017 in the space of past work experiences just the way I did in my study permit extension? Or should I include this part-time as well? OR should I just avoid the boarder completely? Please advice.

The reason why I am going to the border is because my current study permit is expiring in a month's time and I saw in the website that they are currently processing September applications(I have lost job opportunities back in September before my study permit got extended, due to not having a physical work permit).

Note***
The parttime is still not giving me any hours at all regardless of the fact that I am still technically an employee there. In short, I am unemployed at the moment.

In case I go to the boarder, I am planning to go to QUEENSTON-LEWISTON BRIDGE . A friend told me she went at 10pm and got hers. So since there is no bus from toronto to Niagra falls that is earlier than 6AM or later than midnight, I am planning to go on Tuesday get there by 9pm, if they don`t process my PGWP, sleep there(Maybe like homeless I don`t know) and wake up early Wednesday and try again. So basically kill two birds with one stone. Is this advisable?

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE TO EVERYBODY WHO WILL TAKE TIME TO READ AND REPLY TO MY POST.
when did you graduated , means in November because after 3 months of graduation your study permit automatically become invalid and why you want to flag when you have valid study permit , you can apply online for PGWP.

Nav_deep

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
when study permit is in applied status, employers usually say no for job to us, but when you applied for work permit and you have application number I do not think so employer can say I cannot give you this job because you are under applied status.

jarule

Jan 18, 2020
when did you graduated , means in November because after 3 months of graduation your study permit automatically become invalid and why you want to flag when you have valid study permit , you can apply online for PGWP.
I want to apply at the boarder because I will be able to get the permit the same day.

Nav_deep

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
I want to apply at the boarder because I will be able to get the permit the same day.
yes I know you can get the permit on the same day on boarder but if you want to get immediately just because of this thing that employers saying you do not have work permit and we cannot offer you job because you are under applied status , then it is not a right choice for you .

jarule

Jan 18, 2020
yes I know you can get the permit on the same day on boarder but if you want to get immediately just because of this thing that employers saying you do not have work permit and we cannot offer you job because you are under applied status , then it is not a right choice for you .
Sorry, I am confused. What is not a right choice for me? flag polling or applying online. Also, about applying online, isn`t it still a reason to get rejected as well? what makes online different? I was thinking, go to the boarder, then if rejected, apply online. Instead of applying online, then get rejected possibly three months later when my 180 period will have ended already and study permit expired

Nav_deep

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
Sorry, I am confused. What is not a right choice for me? flag polling or applying online. Also, about applying online, isn`t it still a reason to get rejected as well? what makes online different? I was thinking, go to the boarder, then if rejected, apply online. Instead of applying online, then get rejected possibly three months later when my 180 period will have ended already and study permit expired[/QUO
oh I got it your study permit is going to expire soon , then you can go with flag polling option, hope you will get it , if they did not catch you on the work you did after graduation .

jarule

Jan 18, 2020
Yes my study permit is expiring on 29th of February, 2020.

Okey so I am assuming that so long I do not write the part-time job on the IMM5710e document, then I should be fine right? UNLESS THE OFFICER EXPLICITLY ASKS WHAT I HAVE BEEN DOING SINCE GRADUATION.

The part-time job is not a job anyways because I am not even being given any hours at the moment.

Nav_deep

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
Yes my study permit is expiring on 29th of February, 2020.

Okey so I am assuming that so long I do not write the part-time job on the IMM5710e document, then I should be fine right? UNLESS THE OFFICER EXPLICITLY ASKS WHAT I HAVE BEEN DOING SINCE GRADUATION.

The part-time job is not a job anyways because I am not even being given any hours at the moment.
I think if you are not getting any hours from that job , then it is okay.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,
PLEASE HELP

ISSUE

SOME NOTES

HISTORY

THE QUESTION

Note***

When did you receive written confirmation of program completion? That includes a completion letter, transcript, degree or diploma.

jarule

Jan 18, 2020
When did you receive written confirmation of program completion? That includes a completion letter, transcript, degree or diploma.
I will got my transcript in September last year. Must the transcript be sealed? If so I will have to pick another transcript on Monday. I got my diploma on 4th of November, I will got pick up my letter of graduation on Monday the 20th.