+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possibility to request that Medical exam can be done a month later?

tehminanawaz

Sep 3, 2018
Hi All,

On August 6th I got a letter from CIC to get my medical exam done again within 30 days, probably because my first one will expire in October. However, I had torn my ACL and had to go through surgery on the 10th of August. I won't be able to walk without crutches for five to six weeks.

I had a few questions regarding my situation:
  • Is it possible to request that I can do my medical exam later as my current one won't expire until the first week of October?
  • Do they ever allow that the medical exam can be given later?
  • If so, in what conditions do they allow the medical to be given later?
  • Would it be considered bad/grounds for rejection to request a medical exam extension on the basis that I had to undergo a surgery?

Any help on this will be much appreciated!

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi All,

On August 6th I got a letter from CIC to get my medical exam done again within 30 days, probably because my first one will expire in October. However, I had torn my ACL and had to go through surgery on the 10th of August. I won't be able to walk without crutches for five to six weeks.

I had a few questions regarding my situation:
  • Is it possible to request that I can do my medical exam later as my current one won't expire until the first week of October?
  • Do they ever allow that the medical exam can be given later?
  • If so, in what conditions do they allow the medical to be given later?
  • Would it be considered bad/grounds for rejection to request a medical exam extension on the basis that I had to undergo a surgery?

Any help on this will be much appreciated!
can't you do it with your crutches? blood test, eye test xray etc... dont really need use of your legs

Reactions: tehminanawaz

tehminanawaz

Sep 3, 2018
can't you do it with your crutches? blood test, eye test xray etc... dont really need use of your legs
I am not sure. Would it have any bearing on me passing the medical exam if I am on crutches? The doctor also conducts a general examination of health. I am concerned about getting rejected because of being on crutches because of the surgery.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am not sure. Would it have any bearing on me passing the medical exam if I am on crutches? The doctor also conducts a general examination of health. I am concerned about getting rejected because of being on crutches because of the surgery.
No you won’t get rejected if you are on crutches. You can even bring your receipt to show you just had acL surgery. You will only have little keyhole opening with stitches which will indicate that you had a small surgery on your knee, The most common knee surgery is acL repair.

Reactions: tehminanawaz

tehminanawaz

Sep 3, 2018
No you won’t get rejected if you are on crutches. You can even bring your receipt to show you just had acL surgery. You will only have little keyhole opening with stitches which will indicate that you had a small surgery on your knee, The most common knee surgery is acL repair.
Thank you for your response. I hope everything goes well.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
i don't think so. i mean it's usually big diseases or things that would prove to be costly on the healthcare system that would get you rejected.