+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possibility of using work visa to enter canada cos PR card is yet to come

Loyalgirl

Aug 23, 2013
Good day guys/ladies,

I have this crucial question about my situation. I got my PR but not PR card yet and I have this important trip to make out of Canada. My question is can I use my earlier given working visa which is still valid to return to Canada? I would have opted for the option of getting a traveling document but I will only be away from Canada for few days while to process permanent resident's traveling document where I'm flying to takes 4weeks minimum. Please has anyone use it before? Please share your experiences. Thanks! Linda

edmontonfort

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
02-02-2014
Passport Req..
IP-Sep 09,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM-Sep 23,2014. PPR-Sep 24,2014. Visa issued-Oct-24,2014
Loyalgirl said:
Good day guys/ladies,

I have this crucial question about my situation. I got my PR but not PR card yet and I have this important trip to make out of Canada. My question is can I use my earlier given working visa which is still valid to return to Canada? I would have opted for the option of getting a traveling document but I will only be away from Canada for few days while to process permanent resident's traveling document where I'm flying to takes 4weeks minimum. Please has anyone use it before? Please share your experiences. Thanks! Linda
if you are leaving canada by ur own car i.e no commercial vehicle like bus, plane etc. then u can enter canada with the same car/personal vehicle without PR card, otherwise not.
and for ur info all of the previous documents are considered null and void once u receive ur PR.

its weird that they take 70-80 days to make stupid PR cards while they make driving licenses in 5-15 days, which looks similar to PR cards

Loyalgirl

Aug 23, 2013
edmontonfort said:
if you are leaving canada by ur own car i.e no commercial vehicle like bus, plane etc. then u can enter canada with the same car/personal vehicle without PR card, otherwise not.
and for ur info all of the previous documents are considered null and void once u receive ur PR.

its weird that they take 70-80 days to make stupid PR cards while they make driving licenses in 5-15 days, which looks similar to PR cards
Thanks! Can you give the link to where you saw it that all previous document and null and void? I really need to leave and Im so confused now what to do.

Loyalgirl

Aug 23, 2013
Thanks Edmontonfort I have read this and urgent processing is only applicable for renewal or lost PR card and not for new PR card. Also the FAQ and webpage is silent about earlier given TRV before becoming PR. Curious to know where you got the "null and void"

edmontonfort

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
02-02-2014
Passport Req..
IP-Sep 09,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM-Sep 23,2014. PPR-Sep 24,2014. Visa issued-Oct-24,2014
Loyalgirl said:
Thanks Edmontonfort I have read this and urgent processing is only applicable for renewal or lost PR card and not for new PR card. Also the FAQ and webpage is silent about earlier given TRV before becoming PR. Curious to know where you got the "null and void"
I don't remember where exactly I read it, but that is true.

but in this situation your best bet will be leave canada by ur personal car to US, take flight from there to where ever u wanna go and enter canada back again by car using ur landing documents and passport etc.etc.