+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possibility of receiving Visitor Visa

kiranf

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
Hello guys, I am a permanent resident in Canada. i need to bring my spouse from my country. I am going to sponsor her in family class for PR, but can i bring her to Canada early with a visitor visa. What do you guys think about it. Can she stay 6 months and bridge until she receives the PR. Is there any chance of rejection?

Reactions: ayaz_acca

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Hello guys, I am a permanent resident in Canada. i need to bring my spouse from my country. I am going to sponsor her in family class for PR, but can i bring her to Canada early with a visitor visa. What do you guys think about it. Can she stay 6 months and bridge until she receives the PR. Is there any chance of rejection?
Actually chance of rejection is high, as a visitor visa is for visiting while your spouses intention is to live here forever. So often they reject if they feel the person is not a genuine "visitor".
Having said that, it is possible and there is no harm in trying. So go ahead and apply but just be prepared that there is chance of refusal. In which case spouse would just have to wait until pr is complete.
Visitor visa application will not harm your pr application either so feel free to apply

ayaz_acca

Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
19-11-2018
Have a same situation, I recently approved my PPR and got COPR, yet to land but want to apply TRV for spouse.
Still looking for some expert advise how to deal with situation.
Actually I have nothing to show that she has strong ties to home country.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Have a same situation, I recently approved my PPR and got COPR, yet to land but want to apply TRV for spouse.
Still looking for some expert advise how to deal with situation.
Actually I have nothing to show that she has strong ties to home country.
If you have nothing showing ties to home country then even an expert can’t help. That is the most basic thing you need to prove.

ayaz_acca

Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
19-11-2018
If you have nothing showing ties to home country then even an expert can’t help. That is the most basic thing you need to prove.
Yes I cannot figure out this one, Yes she is listed as my non-accompany spouse in my COPR.

kiranf

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
Actually chance of rejection is high, as a visitor visa is for visiting while your spouses intention is to live here forever. So often they reject if they feel the person is not a genuine "visitor".
Having said that, it is possible and there is no harm in trying. So go ahead and apply but just be prepared that there is chance of refusal. In which case spouse would just have to wait until pr is complete.
Visitor visa application will not harm your pr application either so feel free to apply

She is infact working back in my home country and certificate of "currently working" is already produced, along with her salary certificates. All other certificates needed to show her short stay can be produced. (except plain tickets) Do you think these can better the situation for approval?

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
She is infact working back in my home country and certificate of "currently working" is already produced, along with her salary certificates. All other certificates needed to show her short stay can be produced. (except plain tickets) Do you think these can better the situation for approval?
no it is not a good idea to get airfare tickets before the visa approval. also the currently working or work certificates do not have much influence, because the second she gets her pr she will leave all that behind the first chance she gets. That is her plan.
Anyways by all means apply just you had asked if there was a chance of refusal and there is. I would wait until you get approved as sponsor of pr and then apply for her visitor.

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
I know a friend his visitor visa got approved while his sponsorship application was in process.

What he provided was
Airfare ticket quote and potential itenary
Medical insurance quotation
Provided his statements for the past 6 months with a balance of 5000 dollars canadian
Invitation letter
The application of course
His wife visitor visa was approved for 6 months

On a side note visitor visa is very very hard to get

ayaz_acca

Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
19-11-2018
I know a friend his visitor visa got approved while his sponsorship application was in process.

What he provided was
Airfare ticket quote and potential itenary
Medical insurance quotation
Provided his statements for the past 6 months with a balance of 5000 dollars canadian
Invitation letter
The application of course
His wife visitor visa was approved for 6 months

On a side note visitor visa is very very hard to get
Hi,
Can you tell more, who provided the invitation letter? did her husband itself wrote a letter?

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
Hi,
Can you tell more, who provided the invitation letter? did her husband itself wrote a letter?
whoever is inviting a vistor to come he has to write the invitation letter
In my friend case yes he wrote the invitation letter

amandeepsbhatia

Dec 5, 2016
One of my friend got married few months ago and she came on student visa last month in Toronto.. Her husband applied for work visa but got rejected. He is not graduate. Had work experience of security guard in Dubai.. now he was told by agent in India to apply again.. is there any other way for him to come here ?? Or he should be trying again and again ?? Thanks a ton in advance... I apologize if this is out of topic question..

ayaz_acca

Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
19-11-2018
whoever is inviting a vistor to come he has to write the invitation letter
In my friend case yes he wrote the invitation letter
Thanks Sohaib bhai

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
One of my friend got married few months ago and she came on student visa last month in Toronto.. Her husband applied for work visa but got rejected. He is not graduate. Had work experience of security guard in Dubai.. now he was told by agent in India to apply again.. is there any other way for him to come here ?? Or he should be trying again and again ?? Thanks a ton in advance... I apologize if this is out of topic question..
Does he have a job offer in canada already? work visa you need a job first.

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
Thanks Sohaib bhai
One thing i forgot to mention, my friend also attached his house paper in canada when he applied for her wife visit visa

Hamid313

Mar 30, 2018
He can apply OPEN WORK PERMIT and he is eligible for it if he is fulfilling certain requirements like approx $6000 bank statement, his employment info, pay stubs, land or home papers on the other spouse documents like college enrollment letter, rental agreement, GIC copy, if semester completed than transcripts copies etc. He can reapply if he is living near CHANDIGARH than let him to go GLOBIZZ IMMIGRATION. They also have FB