+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possibility of misrepresentation

yuqingl

Apr 9, 2018
Hello all,

This forum has been a huge help me. Thank you. This is my first post and it's a serious one...

I made a mistake on my work permit expiry date. I always thought it expires on March 31st, 2018 but after I submitted all my files on March 28th, I noticed it's actually expired on March 24th....

I then realized I confused it with my previous co-op permit which expired on March 31st, 2015. This mistake in fact makes a huge difference because I was able to submit BOWP on March 28th when entering March 31st as my expiry date in the questionnaire.

Luckily, I think I am still in status because I submitted a status change from worker to visitor application on March 22nd when I was not invited to apply (based on cic I think I can remain in Canada until decision made).

I've done the following to fix
1) sent a CSE to my PR application correcting this mistake
2) sent another CSE to my BOWP application, apologized for the mistake, and admitted my ineligibility

I have stopped working but my fear is that they may treat this as misrepresentation on my BOWP? I've uploaded the work permit when applying. Any suggestion on what else I can do? :(:(:(

Thank you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello all,

This forum has been a huge help me. Thank you. This is my first post and it's a serious one...

I made a mistake on my work permit expiry date. I always thought it expires on March 31st, 2018 but after I submitted all my files on March 28th, I noticed it's actually expired on March 24th....

I then realized I confused it with my previous co-op permit which expired on March 31st, 2015. This mistake in fact makes a huge difference because I was able to submit BOWP on March 28th when entering March 31st as my expiry date in the questionnaire.

Luckily, I think I am still in status because I submitted a status change from worker to visitor application on March 22nd when I was not invited to apply (based on cic I think I can remain in Canada until decision made).

I've done the following to fix
1) sent a CSE to my PR application correcting this mistake
2) sent another CSE to my BOWP application, apologized for the mistake, and admitted my ineligibility

I have stopped working but my fear is that they may treat this as misrepresentation on my BOWP? I've uploaded the work permit when applying. Any suggestion on what else I can do? :(:(:(

Thank you.
Hi

You do have valid Implied Status because you applied to change your status to visitor. At this point, there is nothing else you can do but wait and see what response you get from IRCC.