+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possibility of getting admission in Canadian University with 51 yrs age

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
Hi

Can some one guide me, what is possibility for getting admission in Canadian university for PHD economics for a Women of age 51yrs, Master in economics from Pakistan.

Please reply.

regards

Wordlife

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2013
Doc's Request.
19-09-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2013
LANDED..........
Sukh wele shukrana, dukh wele ardaas... har wele simran!!
This is a rare case scenario. but there is no age for education. We only live once and there is no harm in trying. There is nothing to lose here although I would highly recommend to review other methods of going to canada such as skilled worker or other pnp classes. She should at least get visitor visa and look around canada. A solid research niche that would benefit canada is really important. Maximum gap visa that i have seen in my neighborhood was 6 years.... In your case, 25 years gap is unheard of. I can't say much but if she can co-relate her education and represent her 25 work experience as some research job working on something really good, she can request to continue her research in canada as phd where infrastructure and technology can support her which is unavailable in your country. Also her health should be okay as medicals will be an important step as well. Lots of funding as usual, a really really good university, a supervisor for research are other things to be considered along with a highly positive motivating SOP. It would be an interesting case even for the VO.

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
Hasher said:
Hi

Can some one guide me, what is possibility for getting admission in Canadian university for PHD economics for a Women of age 51yrs, Master in economics from Pakistan.

Please reply.

regards
I think you should apply. Age does not matter in education. It is perfectly plausbile for someone to want a Phd in a field at your age---you have a masters and now realize getting a PHd will be good for your career. No harm in trying

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hasher said:
Hi

Please reply.

regards
GO FOR IT!

I'm almost your age, female and currently studying my first year of three in Canada. I will be past 50 when I graduate.

If I had teachers like the teachers here when I was young, I would never have left school. They are INCREADIBLY inspiring.

My understanding is that Canada actually LIKE mature students.

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
Thanks a lot all of you Folks.

The question is regarding my sister, she is in Pakistan working for last 25 years for Social welfare and women development. She is currently also evening student of Mphil Economics in University of Karachi. She works a lot for earthquake affected people in 2006-2007.
The only problem with her she applied for visit Visa to meet us in Canada but that refused due to not proving strong ties to Pakistan. She showed her job and property though.