+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possibility of a refusal?

ReshmiNithin

Mar 13, 2018
Hi,
I came to canada on an Open Work Permit ( my husband was a student, he is now in a NOC C job), my visa expires on March 31, 2018. I applied for a status change from Open Work Permit to Visitor Status ( visitor visa from inside canada) on March 14,2018. The processing time for application from inside canada is shown as 4 days in CIC wesite. It's already been 5 working days, and i was wondering if there is a chance for refusal because i didn't apply before the 30 days peroid CIC says before the status expires. As my status is still valid, i didn't pay for the restoration of status fee (not sure if i am applicable). I am in kind of an uncertainity if i made a mistake or not.
( NB: I didnt apply before the 30days, thinking that if i apply sooner, my visitor status expires sooner, as the chances for extending it is very low)

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi,
I came to canada on an Open Work Permit ( my husband was a student, he is now in a NOC C job), my visa expires on March 31, 2018. I applied for a status change from Open Work Permit to Visitor Status ( visitor visa from inside canada) on March 14,2018. The processing time for application from inside canada is shown as 4 days in CIC wesite. It's already been 5 working days, and i was wondering if there is a chance for refusal because i didn't apply before the 30 days peroid CIC says before the status expires. As my status is still valid, i didn't pay for the restoration of status fee (not sure if i am applicable). I am in kind of an uncertainity if i made a mistake or not.
( NB: I didnt apply before the 30days, thinking that if i apply sooner, my visitor status expires sooner, as the chances for extending it is very low)
As long as IRCC received your application to change/extend status before the expiry date of your current status, you are under "implied status". I think that the 30 days is a recommendation, not mandatory.