App. Filed.......
14/09/2010
File Transfer...
08/10/2010
Med's Done....
14/09/2010
HugoRien said:
Hello,

How do you know they worked on your file? Are you the applicant or the sponsor?
i can look on the e-cas and it changed to in process we are working on XXX XXXXX file

i am sponsor

HugoRien

Oct 22, 2010
Is that right to say that you haven't been accepted as sponsor yet?

From my understanding once you receive sponsor approval then you need to log with applican information to consult the oversea office status.

boblu

Star Member
Oct 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
hong kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/09/2010
File Transfer...
08/10/2010
Med's Done....
14/09/2010
HugoRien said:
Is that right to say that you haven't been accepted as sponsor yet?

From my understanding once you receive sponsor approval then you need to log with applican information to consult the oversea office status.
i was accepted as a sponsor and my file was sent to H/K on the 8th of Oct and when to process on the 20th in H/K

you can see on line with your receipt number or your file number you get as a sponsor, when they start process your file in the embassy, before you get the letter from the embassy as long as you use your sponsor information

babynsx

Feb 6, 2010
Got some good news this morning when I woke up... My wife has her interview scheduled for January 10th, 2011. Just a little over 2 months away. By that time it will be just under 12 months since they started processing her file.

Her medicals were done last December and will be one month expired by the time the interview takes place... what are the odds that she will have to redo them?

Cheers,
Doug

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Is anyone living in the south of China (we live in Zhuhai)? What happens when the Chinese applicant is called for an interview in Hong Kong? Does the Applicant need a visa to enter Hong Kong? In that case, my wife would have to go to her home town (very far away) to get a Hong Kong visa.

Does anyone know an easier way?
Will Hong Kong admit a Chinese main lander because he or she has a letter from the Canadian embassy?

boblu

Star Member
Oct 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
hong kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/09/2010
File Transfer...
08/10/2010
Med's Done....
14/09/2010
toby said:
Is anyone living in the south of China (we live in Zhuhai)? What happens when the Chinese applicant is called for an interview in Hong Kong? Does the Applicant need a visa to enter Hong Kong? In that case, my wife would have to go to her home town (very far away) to get a Hong Kong visa.

Does anyone know an easier way?
Will Hong Kong admit a Chinese main lander because he or she has a letter from the Canadian embassy?

We jut got a letter from the hong kong embassy and in that letter they tell you to make sure you have a visa to get into H/K. My wife lives just across the boarder on the mainland and she needs a second passport to get across the boarder into H/K. So i am thinking you need to get it from the chinese goerment before going into H/K and you can only stay 7 days in H/K. if i understand all the rules correctly, sounds like you have some movement on your request good luck

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you apply for a multiple entry visa to HK, at the end of the 7 days in HK you can cross border to Shenzhen and return to HK on same day, you could stay in HK for another 7 days. That means you can literally stay in HK for a maximum of 14 days.

boblu

Star Member
Oct 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
hong kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/09/2010
File Transfer...
08/10/2010
Med's Done....
14/09/2010
steaky said:
If you apply for a multiple entry visa to HK, at the end of the 7 days in HK you can cross border to Shenzhen and return to HK on same day, you could stay in HK for another 7 days. That means you can literally stay in HK for a maximum of 14 days.
you right the issue i think is getting the first visa from the goverment to enter H/K

I believe (not sure) you get three passes with one visa correct me if i wrong

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
boblu said:
We jut got a letter from the hong kong embassy and in that letter they tell you to make sure you have a visa to get into H/K. My wife lives just across the boarder on the mainland and she needs a second passport to get across the boarder into H/K. So i am thinking you need to get it from the chinese goerment before going into H/K and you can only stay 7 days in H/K. if i understand all the rules correctly, sounds like you have some movement on your request good luck
Unfortunately no. Just planning ahead.
:'(