+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Positive LMO but Denied Work Permit

ehmelmo

May 31, 2011
Hi guys,

I just want to know if I am making the right decision on going back to my resident country (Philippines) to re-apply my work permit.

I enter Canada with visit visa last Aug 18, 2010 valid until Feb 18, 2011,, I hire a license immigration consultant here in Calgary to process my LMO & work permit for I met an employer after 2 months.. I signed contract agreement with my consultant together with my payment Jan 20, 2011.. The positive LMO was received February 23, 2011.. Then we filed for work permit application and Restoration of status at the same time (March 4, 2011)..My work permit was denied last April 13, 2011 and my restoration of status application is still in process for 3 months more for they still processing the December applicants at this time according to CIC. I don't want to wait for another refusal before taking immediate action. Plus the fact that my consultant submitted an incomplete application...ie .. no reason for request (Sec. 10) and no representative form attached... Thanks!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
What was the reason for the refusal?

ehmelmo said:
Hi guys,

I just want to know if I am making the right decision on going back to my resident country (Philippines) to re-apply my work permit.

I enter Canada with visit visa last Aug 18, 2010 valid until Feb 18, 2011,, I hire a license immigration consultant here in Calgary to process my LMO & work permit for I met an employer after 2 months.. I signed contract agreement with my consultant together with my payment Jan 20, 2011.. The positive LMO was received February 23, 2011.. Then we filed for work permit application and Restoration of status at the same time (March 4, 2011)..My work permit was denied last April 13, 2011 and my restoration of status application is still in process for 3 months more for they still processing the December applicants at this time according to CIC. I don't want to wait for another refusal before taking immediate action. Plus the fact that my consultant submitted an incomplete application...ie .. no reason for request (Sec. 10) and no representative form attached... Thanks!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are from the Philippines and are on a visit visa in Canada, I do not even think you have the right to apply for a work permit from inside Canada if that is what you did. There are rules on who can apply from where. You can see them here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-eligible.asp

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
S/He can if the application was sent to the US, but if the WP application is sent to CPC-Vegreville then it was sure to be denied (wrong office).

Leon said:
If you are from the Philippines and are on a visit visa in Canada, I do not even think you have the right to apply for a work permit from inside Canada if that is what you did. There are rules on who can apply from where. You can see them here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-eligible.asp

ehmelmo

May 31, 2011
My work permit was submitted to buffalo office and it was denied because of my immigration status... I just at read at CIC site that the processing time for temporary foreign workers takes 16 months... I really need other options....

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
what type of job are applying? Do you have enough qualification on this job? If so...you can re apply again in philippines using your valid LMO.
Good luck!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
So, it is because you were out of status so your WP application was denied. You can wait for your restoration of status or send another application to Buffalo and attach a copy of the receipt paid for your restoration.

ehmelmo said:
My work permit was submitted to buffalo office and it was denied because of my immigration status... I just at read at CIC site that the processing time for temporary foreign workers takes 16 months... I really need other options....

ehmelmo

May 31, 2011
I apply for a low skilled job - Food Counter Attendant which requires no specific qualification...

My plan to really apply back home for my work permit....

If I re-apply to Buffalo with the copy of restoration application what if they requires me an interview - I don't have US visa...

koifish

Jun 25, 2012
hi wsongko i am from the philippines too i have a few question my wife recieve positive LMO and the documents sent to canadian embassy manila.. what do we do next? sure b xa n mbibigyan ng working permit and visa? thanks in advanced!

khrane

Jul 4, 2012
i came from philippines too and i received lmo, that was 4 yrs ago and good thing me and my 6 batchmates were all approved in our visa..