+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Positive Decision

need

May 8, 2019
Hello everyone.

We got a positive decision in mail yesterday. We had a online hearing in February. I want to know is there any step by step instructions how to apply for PR. and my work permit is also expiring. Do I need to renew it until I get my PR and how do I renew it? We got open work permit mailed to us when we filed for refugee. so not sure how to renew it. Can someone please help me here.

We applied for our refugee claiming in June 2019 from Montreal and moved to toronot same year but kept our processing in montreal and got online hearing in feb 2021.

Jahangir1234

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
Hello everyone.

We got a positive decision in mail yesterday. We had a online hearing in February. I want to know is there any step by step instructions how to apply for PR. and my work permit is also expiring. Do I need to renew it until I get my PR and how do I renew it? We got open work permit mailed to us when we filed for refugee. so not sure how to renew it. Can someone please help me here.

We applied for our refugee claiming in June 2019 from Montreal and moved to toronot same year but kept our processing in montreal and got online hearing in feb 2021.
Congratulations!
Could you please share your hearing experience with us, how long did it last, and your country of origin if possible.

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone.

You need to apply to extend your WP. Instructions on how to apply for PR are all online.

need

May 8, 2019
Congratulations!
Could you please share your hearing experience with us, how long did it last, and your country of origin if possible.

Thank you
Hearing was lengthy and for about 4 hours. They asked me lot of questions from the basics of form and then cross questioning from my answers to see if my answers match. also discussed options of inflight in detail. My country of origin is India

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
We had hearing yesterday and got positive decision same day. Member took 30 mins to read to us NOD. Our hearing lasted 50mins, we took break for 2 hrs and she advised she’ll read decision after break

Reactions: Robrob and farsxp

Davidson01

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021
Hey guys, I need advice on how Common law partner works in canada. Also, how long could the couples live together before canada govt can accept them as common law partner
Can common law partner filled for permanent resident permit?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey guys, I need advice on how Common law partner works in canada. Also, how long could the couples live together before canada govt can accept them as common law partner
Can common law partner filled for permanent resident permit?
Common law must be able to prove that you've lived together for a continuous year. You will need multiple proofs and not just the word of other people.