+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Portal invite..?

robopablo

Jul 26, 2019
Hi

I did a soft landing in March and haven't received an email for the PR portal...which I thought I was supposed to get. I also haven't been able to change my address via webform.

Any advice? Heading back north next month and would love to have my card...can I cross with my approved COPR?

Thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi

I did a soft landing in March and haven't received an email for the PR portal...which I thought I was supposed to get. I also haven't been able to change my address via webform.

Any advice? Heading back north next month and would love to have my card...can I cross with my approved COPR?
I don't understand your question or what you are talking about - the portal is used for those in Canada doing virtual landings. What do you expect to happen? You may or may not be expecting PR card to be delivered, depending on whether you gave an address and spoke to cbsa officer about that.

You have your copr, you can use that to cross at a land border.

robopablo

Jul 26, 2019
I don't understand your question or what you are talking about - the portal is used for those in Canada doing virtual landings. What do you expect to happen?
I thought the portal was for any PR processing. Thanks for the clarification

gvrt88

Oct 11, 2020
I thought the portal was for any PR processing. Thanks for the clarification
Thank you for your question, I am in the exact same situation. So it sounds like you won't get that portal invite link if you have soft landed and went back to your origin country. Did you get your PR card ultimately?

Jhonty

Mar 5, 2021
How long did it take to receive the PR Portal invitation after sending the email with your details?

Neel_CA

Nov 4, 2022
Hello everyone.

I have a query: I have already submitted my Express Entry PR application to IRCC in Sept 2022 end.

I need to travel to India due to some urgent family needs. If I receive the e-COPR portal email while I’m in India, can I wait for a few days to come back to Canada and declare that physically I’m in Canada now to go through the virtual landing (my doubt is if I say I am in India and receive PR visa and PPR takes longer to process in India, it will affect my job scenario here in Canada)?

Before I leave Canada, I wanted to know the in-between process from getting a Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal Email to receiving an e-COPR. Do they mention any deadline before which we have to confirm our location and upload the photo/address?

Thank you so much in advance for your advice!

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello everyone.

I have a query: I have already submitted my Express Entry PR application to IRCC in Sept 2022 end.

I need to travel to India due to some urgent family needs. If I receive the e-COPR portal email while I’m in India, can I wait for a few days to come back to Canada and declare that physically I’m in Canada now to go through the virtual landing (my doubt is if I say I am in India and receive PR visa and PPR takes longer to process in India, it will affect my job scenario here in Canada)?

Before I leave Canada, I wanted to know the in-between process from getting a Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal Email to receiving an e-COPR. Do they mention any deadline before which we have to confirm our location and upload the photo/address?

Thank you so much in advance for your advice!
They give you few days to reply to that email. Basically when they ask you information and then they create username and password for your portal account, you have to login to that account within 7 days otherwise password they give you expires . You have have few days in to get back to Canada within sending information to create account and declaring inside account that you are in Canada.

Reactions: Neel_CA

Neel_CA

Nov 4, 2022
They give you few days to reply to that email. Basically when they ask you information and then they create username and password for your portal account, you have to login to that account within 7 days otherwise password they give you expires . You have have few days in to get back to Canada within sending information to create account and declaring inside account that you are in Canada.
Thank you so much. Really appreciate it.

Reactions: Miss bee