+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Portal 2 email Montreal

SethLePod

Oct 25, 2023
Hi there - same boat, got P1 on Dec 15th, replied same day - still waiting for P2. My primary office is Mississauga and secondary is Montreal Immigration - good to know they're starting to come through from last month!

I'm a little concerned that I might have done something stupid though. I'm aware you're not supposed to create your own account on the PR Portal - and I didn't - but I just thought I'd check to see if an account had been created for me, so I tried logging in with "forgot password". As it turns out, the account had been created, my application is showing on there but it doesn't have the tab at the top showing the "Permanent Residence Confirmation". I'm assuming it's in the process of being created.

I'm just wondering if I might have caused an issue by changing the password. I called IRCC yesterday to check - they said they couldn't see an issue but they'd expect anyone who replied to P1 to have received their P2 by the end of Jan. If not, I should call back and chase it.

So - it doesn't seem the end of the world, but I can't help wondering if it's delayed things a little. I was curious whether anyone had done the same thing as me, or whether everyone else here is a lot more responsible and patient...

Patiently waiting….

Star Member
Dec 30, 2023
Hi there - same boat, got P1 on Dec 15th, replied same day - still waiting for P2. My primary office is Mississauga and secondary is Montreal Immigration - good to know they're starting to come through from last month!

I'm a little concerned that I might have done something stupid though. I'm aware you're not supposed to create your own account on the PR Portal - and I didn't - but I just thought I'd check to see if an account had been created for me, so I tried logging in with "forgot password". As it turns out, the account had been created, my application is showing on there but it doesn't have the tab at the top showing the "Permanent Residence Confirmation". I'm assuming it's in the process of being created.

I'm just wondering if I might have caused an issue by changing the password. I called IRCC yesterday to check - they said they couldn't see an issue but they'd expect anyone who replied to P1 to have received their P2 by the end of Jan. If not, I should call back and chase it.

So - it doesn't seem the end of the world, but I can't help wondering if it's delayed things a little. I was curious whether anyone had done the same thing as me, or whether everyone else here is a lot more responsible and patient...
Hey there , I have received P1 on the 8th and still waiting, hopefully will hear soon and will keep you posted. I think as you can see that you have an account, it should be fine. Once you get P2 an extra tab will be made in that account, so hopefully all should be well. So glad to see people are staring to get the P2’s this year from Dec! Keep us posted

Reactions: SethLePod

Patiently waiting….

Star Member
Dec 30, 2023

Did you get P2? I am still waiting!

SethLePod

Oct 25, 2023
Did you get P2? I am still waiting!
Hey there - I got my P2 yesterday. Although it came literally a day after I submitted a webform to technical support (the gckey status was months out of date) - so that seemed a bit of a coincidence!

I'll keep my fingers crossed you get yours soon!

Patiently waiting….

Star Member
Dec 30, 2023
Hey there - I got my P2 yesterday. Although it came literally a day after I submitted a webform to technical support (the gckey status was months out of date) - so that seemed a bit of a coincidence!

Congrats! Hmmm I will check my gckey too. I did call them a couple of days ago and they said I am in the queue. So I guess I just have to wait patiently . Thank you

Patiently waiting….

Star Member
Dec 30, 2023

My Gckey does not show that my background check, biometrics and medical are completed, do you think I should contact them about this? As in the tracker it says they have been completed. Did they update it once you sent the email?